Tired of hearing this....

TDS2010

White Belt
Reaction score
Did Jones train hard enough...Gus dominated Jones...Its all BS

Of course Jones trained to win this fight against the Gus he was expecting, and he did win. He didnt dominate Gus like he has everyone else. Could it be that Gus is just that talented? I like Jones but lets give Gus credit where it is due. He came out and took the fight to Jones like very few fighters have even tried. Gus has an incredible standup game and great chin. Jones showed that he can be pushed to the breaking point and persevere. He has an incredible chin, cardio, and stand up. What won him the fight was his ability to adapt to the pressure he was getting from Gus and land (arguably) more effective shots.

The rematch should be another incredible fight where we will get to see the mental side of these two men. Who can make the adjustments needed? Thats the question.

i know right? this fight clearly proved jones isnt great when he fights someone big and talented. hence why he would die at heavyweight

i know right? this fight clearly proved jones isnt great when he fights someone big and talented. hence why he would die at heavyweight

How does it prove Jones isn't great? You realize by saying that you're also saying Gustafsson isn't great.

I think that depends on how you look at greatness...Do I think he would be a top 5 HW? yes. Do I think he would be champ? No. Greatness isnt just dominating everyone you face. Its being pushed to the limit and not breaking. Jones (as well as Gus) showed greatness Saturday night. That was a f*cking war between 2 dudes that laid it all on the line. Color me impressed as hell with both of them.

I've seen that thread once or twice, and many, MANY more discrediting everything Jones has done. You sure you're being unbiased here?

I've seen that thread once or twice, and many, MANY more discrediting everything Jones has done. You sure you're being unbiased here?

I am completely unbiased. I was a Jones fan before the fight and still am. I had no feeling either way towards Gus and am now a huge fan.

I am completely unbiased. I was a Jones fan before the fight and still am. I had no feeling either way towards Gus and am now a huge fan.

Gus is to be respected as he is a warrior. My only concern is Gus has less actual fans than just bandwagon Jones haters. MMA fans seem to be shady like that. Don't they?

Gus is to be respected as he is a warrior. My only concern is Gus has less actual fans than just bandwagon Jones haters. MMA fans seem to be shady like that. Don't they?

I know what you mean. I am the farthest thing from a Jones hater. He is probably my 2nd favorite fighter honestly. I had him walking through Gus before the fight.

I know what you mean. I am the farthest thing from a Jones hater. He is probably my 2nd favorite fighter honestly. I had him walking through Gus before the fight.

Perhaps Jones did as well. If so, he has learned his lesson. They will both refine technique and the rematch will be something to behold.

shields hung with gsp does that mean that shields is great? negative batman

That comparison is retarded just like everything else you've written. Do you have anything to post that doesn't reveal your cluelessness?

Perhaps Jones did as well. If so, he has learned his lesson. They will both refine technique and the rematch will be something to behold.

agreed. I believe they are both students of the game and will take something away from this which will make the rematch crazy.

That comparison is retarded just like everything else you've written. Do you have anything to post that doesn't reveal your cluelessness?

i just don't see how a champion can almost get beat by a guy who was at the time considered a huge underdog and have no chance and have the champion still number 1 p4p

*cluelessness= no word

i just don't see how a champion can almost get beat by a guy who was at the time considered a huge underdog and have no chance and have the champion still number 1 p4p
P4P isn't real and doesn't matter. Gustafsson was severely underestimated and much better then most people realized. This doesn't make Jon Jones any less of a fighter unless you had this video game view of reality that most Sherdoggers have.

*cluelessness= no word

Because Vegas always gets it right...SMH

P4P isn't real and doesn't matter. Gustafsson was severely underestimated and much better then most people realized. This doesn't make Jon Jones any less of a fighter unless you had this video game view of reality that most Sherdoggers have.

yes gus was underrated, but i still think it does prove a little of something because jones strugged badly because gus is very strong and large, jones is a top fighter, but i dont see him as the best in the world. Thats just my opinon

It is annoying really, can't we ever credit BOTH guys? Even when it was an amazing fight with no real "losers"?
No sherdog? Fair enough...

Back