Tired of diaz brothers!!!

As far as Nate goes I dont think hes getting very good advice from Nick he pretty much does what his brother says and acts just like him. A move to WW for him would be foolish, he never did well at WW.

So, GSP, who routinely draws good PPVs, did marginally better with Diaz. Diaz-Condit did a respectable but unspectacular 400k, and Diaz-Penn did a paltry 280k. So, Diaz is really only a draw when he fights GSP, and that well has been run dry already.

I still don't see any evidence that he's "one of the biggest draws in the UFC" in and of himself.

Not to mention Condit v Hendricks was also on the GSP v Diaz card.

Well, to be fair, Matt Brown isn't quite on Rory's level IMO.

I could see Nate being competitive against Brown.

But yes, they either need to fight or just hang the gloves up for good.

Nate would be competitive against Matt just because of styles. But I would much much rather see Nick against Matt. Matt's paid his dues, he needs a top 10 WW fight, something that puts him into contention. If they make Matt vs Nate I'm gonna be really disappointed.

let's be very clear TS: you aren't tired of the Diaz brothers; you're tired of the drama surrounding the Diaz brothers.

and it's your choice to follow it. that's the kicker here.

not only follow it, but enhance it by writing threads like this.

at least be honest enough to recognize that you're tired of a failing within yourself. then, you can either accept it, change it, or stay a resentful little bitch.

power to Nick & Nate. they don't play the game the way i think they should, but they play it the way they think they should. good for them.

let's be very clear TS: you aren't tired of the Diaz brothers; you're tired of the drama surrounding the Diaz brothers.

not only follow it, but enhance it by writing threads like this.

at least be honest enough to recognize that you're tired of a failing within yourself. then, you can either accept it, change it, or stay a resentful little bitch.

power to Nick & Nate. they don't play the game the way i think they should, but they play it the way they think they should. good for them.

No Dr. Phil im tired of the Diaz brothers approach to MMA, You know the sport they represent.

I'm not tired of them, I like watching them fight.

I'm tired of people talking about them when they're not doing anything.

Yeah, I agree. I'm a huge Diaz bros fan when they fight. Not a nuthugger though. They are exciting and put beatings on a lot of people they fight. It's unfortunate they are obsessing over huge amounts of money. They could be huge stars if they just went out and fought. I would love to see Nate fight a top contender after what he did to Gray Maynard. I would love to see Nick fight Matt Brown. I would love to see Nick fight Lawler. So many great fights out there and they just don't give a fuck. And thats fine to not want to fight anymore. I just think it'll get to the point where it'll be hard for people to care about them anymore. It's already getting to that point in my opinion.

uhh no
GSP vs Hendricks 630,000
Hughes v. GSP II 500,000
GSP v. Serra 400,000
GSP v. Serra2 530,000

I stand corrected if legit.

630k isn't bad. Still a massive drop.

So, GSP, who routinely draws good PPVs, did marginally better with Diaz. Diaz-Condit did a respectable but unspectacular 400k, and Diaz-Penn did a paltry 280k. So, Diaz is really only a draw when he fights GSP, and that well has been run dry already.

I still don't see any evidence that he's "one of the biggest draws in the UFC" in and of himself.

Marginally better? As in bringing in the ufc tens of millions of dollars extra?

the diaz brothers generate the drama surrounding the diaz brothers.

agreed.

i don't necessarily agree with this.
if i have a friend whose stated goal is to be a millionaire and he tells me his plan to get there is to drop 10k on powerball lottery tickets, i'm going to tell him he's doing it wrong. The fact that he thinks it's the right way to make a million dollars doesn't make it good for him and i'm not going to encourage him to do something stupid.

The thugs can keep sitting home while smoking weed. I don't care to see them fight again.

Never liked them. It's always a pleasure when they lose

Marginally better? As in bringing in the ufc tens of millions of dollars extra?

Only when he fought GSP (which, as already pointed out, had the benefit of also having a former interim and future WW champion fight). His other returns are more pedestrian.

Pointing out ONE event with an increased buyrate and ignoring all the other factors that affect those things isn't very rigorous statistical analysis. But, keep cherry picking those stats.

GSP is a multi millionare because he fought EVERYONE they put in front of him, if he didnt like the fight he never said so. He defended his belt against EVERYONE they put in front of him never complained. Fairly certain he didnt care about fighting Kos twice, but thats how you stay a draw to the fans.. Nick should follow that path fight who they give him not just who he thinks he should fight. He may have banked off of the GSP fight but does anyone really think its enough to retire

Only when he fought GSP (which, as already pointed out, had the benefit of also having a former interim and future WW champion fight). His other returns are more pedestrian.

Pointing out ONE event with an increased buyrate and ignoring all the other factors that affect those things isn't very rigorous statistical analysis. But, keep cherry picking those stats.
400k for the Condit PPV is actually good these days. Also you cant forget the the injuries to other cards that Diaz headlined. 137 had 3 main event changes and lost the co main. 143 started out as GSP vs Diaz with Condit vs Koscheck as the comain. Not even sure what the co main events of those 2 cards ended up being. 137 was mitrione vs Kongo if i recall correcty and 143 was Kos vs Peirce? Could be wrong but either way those 2 cards got hit by the injury bug

Back