Tired of diaz brothers!!!

ONCEAFIGHTER

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I like the Diaz Brothers.. When they fight!!!Are they good fighters yes, do they put on exciting fights yes. Lets face it though, Dana wont continue to kiss their ass and keep offering fights with no response. Lombard would be a perfect fight for Nick he wont accept it. Nate now wants to move up to WW to fight Brown, which Nate has been manhandled at WW. What gives they are wasting their time and losing fans in the process... SHIT OR GET OFF THE TOILET

Well, to be fair, Matt Brown isn't quite on Rory's level IMO.

I could see Nate being competitive against Brown.

But yes, they either need to fight or just hang the gloves up for good.

Nick could've fought Lawler again for the title shot.
He could've fought Lombard for the title shot.
And now he can fight Brown and probably get a title shot from it.

Dana isn't willing to match what he wants, so he will just have to stay like he is.

Nick could've fought Lawler again for the title shot.
He could've fought Lombard for the title shot.
And now he can fight Brown and probably get a title shot from it.

Dana isn't willing to match what he wants, so he will just have to stay like he is.

Exactly and hes 1-3 since his UFC return.. How is he thinking he constantly deserves only title fights and top 3 competition constantly.. blows my mind

I'm tired of the UFC not paying guys what the are worth. I don't give a shit that they are under contract, contract are renegotiated everyday in a plethora of different jobs. Al Iaquinta and Tony Ferguson should be making upwards of $100,000 per fight so the Diaz's demands for $200,000 is not far fetched at all IMO.

Well maybe in 6-12 months we can see Nate in Bellator on their second PPV against brooks or Chandler for the belt =P

Exactly and hes 1-3 since his UFC return.. How is he thinking he constantly deserves only title fights and top 3 competition constantly.. blows my mind

because he is one of the biggest draws in the UFC?? that would be my guess

It kind of pisses me off... but at the same time he's a veteran and he sees guys he trains with making millions per year in smaller boxing orgs with lesser names.

You also have to work 6 days a week many hours a day of grueling exercise just to get the shit beat out of you. He's taken a lot of dmg in his career. If he made a mil or 2 from the GSP fight maybe that's simply all he needs in life.

I'm tired of the UFC not paying guys what the are worth. I don't give a shit that they are under contract, contract are renegotiated everyday in a plethora of different jobs. Al Iaquinta and Tony Ferguson should be making upwards of $100,000 per fight so the Diaz's demands for $200,000 is not far fetched at all IMO.

I see your point but then guys get cut who fight twice a year and win who have some of the best records in the UFC.. Ill never understand the logic

how do they? they are not big draws at all..... Nate and Nick are far bigger names. Al and Tony dont deserve 100,000 imo

nate should just fight and get his contract over with, then renegotiate. Nick has made his cash and seems happy enough to stay retired

Sorry when you say "ya whatever" to everything during your contract negotiations you deserve what you get.

I believe that you are crazy thinking that Ferguson and Iaquinta are worth $300k per year? and perhaps Diaz is worth $200k but he signed a contract and he isn't earning anything at home.

I keep seeing this statement made. Where's the evidence?
GSP vs Diaz was one of the most bought PPVs ever. GSP vs Hendricks was GSP's worst draw.

Also Diaz vs Condit did very well.

I keep seeing this statement made. Where's the evidence?

GSP-Diaz was the last PPV to get near 1million buys if I remember correctly? he also made enough money from that fight where he could decide "fuck this shit" and retire. So Im guessing he got a cut of PPV for that fight

GSP vs Diaz was one of the most bought PPVs ever. GSP vs Hendricks was GSP's worst draw.

Also Diaz vs Condit did very well.

GSP-Diaz was the last PPV to get near 1million buys if I remember correctly? he also made enough money from that fight where he could decide "fuck this shit" and retire. So Im guessing he got a cut of PPV for that fight

So, GSP, who routinely draws good PPVs, did marginally better with Diaz. Diaz-Condit did a respectable but unspectacular 400k, and Diaz-Penn did a paltry 280k. So, Diaz is really only a draw when he fights GSP, and that well has been run dry already.

I still don't see any evidence that he's "one of the biggest draws in the UFC" in and of himself.

I think it's kind of hard to take someone seriously when they retire after every time they lose a fight, only to run their mouth and do it again. His biggest win was over... um, uhh, err; yeah!

Back