Tired Of Being The Same

Diligent said:
Wow, nice. How big are ye?

I pulled 120 today...hit a PR...but then YOU had to come along with your 175 RT PR...you sicken me!!! :D

I weighed myself the other day and I'm currently about 188 lbs. My body type favours pulling though, I have long arms and short legs.

Congrats on the PR too!

OH crap Sonny, I don't believe a thing you say. Dang it man. I just started with it. I will have to train it hard. Nice job bro. Hopefully it takes you a while to hit it again, Just my selfish side kicking in.

Im glad we've got quite a few competitiors in this comp now. It gives me the motivation to get my grip up to par. Thanks guys

Cmart, Im glad to have you on board!!! The majority of the time I find you an intelligent poster with lots to offer and the other times I usually can't stop laughing. Anyways, welcome, glad to have you join the comp. If you are truly a nice man i think you should let me win. After all, consider all the nice things I just said about you.

rickdog said:
OH crap Sonny, I don't believe a thing you say. Dang it man. I just started with it. I will have to train it hard. Nice job bro. Hopefully it takes you a while to hit it again, Just my selfish side kicking in.

Im glad we've got quite a few competitiors in this comp now. It gives me the motivation to get my grip up to par. Thanks guys

I'm getting motivated to dust that weight! I'm gonna definitely try to get a pic or video of it next time.

Sonny said:
I weighed myself the other day and I'm currently about 188 lbs. My body type favours pulling though, I have long arms and short legs.

Congrats on the PR too!

Dang, man. That's even more impressive... You got some strong hands/forearms, especially for someone who weighs 188...freak! That's be pretty sweet to see a pic of it. :D

*note: two of the strongest dudes in this thread, rickdog and I have dubs, just shows S-dog really has a lot on the ball.

CarnalSalvation said:
I hate Jesus. I know you're from Texas, but THINK man, THINK.

Think about what? That this entire world has nothing to offer except temporary gratification?

All I know is that turning to Christ is inexplicably the best thing I have ever done. I have meaning, direction, and real hope in Him who lives in me. Becasuse Jesus Christ now lives in me, and I in Him, I have the rest, the inner-peace, and last but not least, life in my spirit. I had none of these things before I turned to Christ... :D

I am interested to know, what is your hope? What is your reason for living?

My hope is to live long enough to become the worlds greatest SHW powerlifting. My reason for living is to acquire incredible strength, and engage in those transitory pleasures you look upon with scorn with wreckless abandon and notorious appettite.

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste....

CarnalSalvation said:
My hope is to live long enough to become the worlds greatest SHW powerlifting. My reason for living is to acquire incredible strength, and engage in those transitory pleasures you look upon with scorn with wreckless abandon and notorious appettite.

and if you don't become the world's greatest powerlifter? What if something happens to you like a you get into a car accident or something and you can't compete...what then?

CarnalSalvation said:

Good song.

Sucks about the dubs.

Diligent- time for plan B then, or suicide, depending. Plus I'd have to be a quadrapalegic to not compete, even if I lost just my arms or legs there you can just bench press, or just squat/pull (I've seen pics of a guy squatting with one arm and no assistance, and a guy deadlifting using some type of specialized prosthetic, plus lots of wheelchair/legless benchers) I don't want this thread to turn into a theological argument although I'd be willing to continue the discussion via PM if you're interested in doing so.

Oh, and please accept my apologies for publicly hassling you about a religious matter, that lacked class and was a result of my being overly high and not thinking about it before I posted it. No hard feelings I hope.

CarnalSalvation said:
Oh, and please accept my apologies for publicly hassling you about a religious matter, that lacked class and was a result of my being overly high and not thinking about it before I posted it. No hard feelings I hope.

No hard feelings, bro.:)

Glad to see a classy apology brother, it shows true character!!! Wish you could be in this contest with us but im afraid the weights we are using you have already crushed.

Just wanna add one thing:
Christians are fine - but their churchbells are getting on my nerves! (thats no joke, i live next to a "Dom" (big church) and i have absolutelly no idea why those ***** have to ring their ******* bell for 15 mins on Sunday morning)

rickdog said:
Cmart, Im glad to have you on board!!! The majority of the time I find you an intelligent poster with lots to offer and the other times I usually can't stop laughing. Anyways, welcome, glad to have you join the comp. If you are truly a nice man i think you should let me win. After all, consider all the nice things I just said about you.

I can only do like 120 pounds. I'll work on it. I am not a nice man.

C-mart, I have only used the RT twice in my life and tommorow will be the third. my best is 125 so don't worry we are in the same boat. 170 here we go.

I believe the competitors in the RT competition up to this point are Myself, Urban, C-mart, Diligent, Sonny and Sean S. if he can get his RT on time. Cmart, Diligent and I have already listed our current levels. I would appreciate if the rest of you could just so we can guage where each other is.

Also, some of us (Sonny and Urban)have already hit very close or have hit 170 already. Should we make the number slightly higher? PLease give me your feedback and any new records you may have hit. Good luck fellas.

Back