Tired Of Being The Same

Dude, it's not that great, chill.

There have been 148lbers who could squat legit 600lbs raw man, you're just kind of out of touch with what the top end of strength is like.

CarnalSalvation said:

There have been 148lbers who could squat legit 600lbs raw man, you're just kind of out of touch with what the top end of strength is like.

No kidding. Squatting 2X BW is good, but not fantastic. I'm almost there and have been squatting for less than 6 months- 405 @ 220.

CarnalSalvation said:

Yea that's different though.

Just random people through internet who say they can squat like 2.5 times their bodyweight.

Uh huh.

I'm not doubting that there are people who can. But I just dont find it believable here.

Ted-P said:

Just random people through internet who say they can squat like 2.5 times their bodyweight.

Uh huh.

I'm not doubting that there are people who can. But I just dont find it believable here.

I guess, but really 300 at 140 doesn't sound that big to me. Back when I first started reading this forum, yes. Now? Nah. I mean why not 400 at 140? 500? 300 doesn't sound like an e-muscle kind of number unless you're 90 pounds.

Besides at some point you'll hit a 2x youe body weight, or greater, number and people will be saying bs. And so goes the circle of life.

A ton of people come through these boards man, some are liars, I choose to believe most aren't.

All we can do as individuals is be honest about our own abilities, hope other people show as much integrity and take people at their word, since not everyone has digital video capability.

Ted-P said:

Uh huh.

I don't understand your reasoning. Just because you can't do it (I'm referring to a rhetorical you here, not you personally) doesn't mean it's impossible. I can't personally menstruate, but I don't go around calling "work" on chicks when they claim to be on the rag. Getting decently strong isn't all that hard.

to be clear..............

I don't believe it or believe it since there is no real proof.

If you are capable, don't be offended. I'm a cynic and skeptical person by nature due watching alot of people bs alot about their weight room numbers.

Something happened today that made my doubts just bigger. Carry on.

And Carnal in the start of the concentric part of squat is it normal to feel pressure through out your whole feet. I have been trying to fix up my form and no matter what I do at the start of coming up i feel pressure not just in the heels but the whole area of the feet then it becomes heel all the way.

And I cant believe people say your back should be perpendicular to the floor when you squat, because I find it impossibe not to sink in.

Barut said:
I don't understand your reasoning. Just because you can't do it (I'm referring to a rhetorical you here, not you personally) doesn't mean it's impossible. I can't personally menstruate, but I don't go around calling "work" on chicks when they claim to be on the rag. Getting decently strong isn't all that hard.
I never said it was impossible or anywhere near close it. I was just venting.

I just saw things happen today that made me doubt and things that happened to me that made me angry.

And I was just carrying on Rickdog's message and I understand what he was talking about.

Ted-P said:
to be clear..............

I don't believe it or believe it since there is no real proof.

If you are capable, don't be offended. I'm a cynic and skeptical person by nature due watching alot of people bs alot about their weight room numbers.

Something happened today that made my doubts just bigger. Carry on.

And Carnal in the start of the concentric part of squat is it normal to feel pressure through out your whole feet. I have been trying to fix up my form and no matter what I do at the start of coming up i feel pressure not just in the heels but the whole area of the feet then it becomes heel all the way.

And I cant believe people say your back should be perpendicular to the floor when you squat, because I find it impossibe not to sink in.

http://www.mcshane-enterprises.com/ASL/images/Coan/coananim.gif

So yeah, I don't think you have to be straight up.

Nope, absolutely not. Because I have very long upper legs in comparison to my lower legs, I have to employ a lot of forward lean to keep the bar over my heels.

I don't know how you fux have time to think about shit like where the pressure is when you're trying to squat. If you're thinking about how your feet feel when you squat, you just like, aren't thinking about the right things at all man. Seriously.

CarnalSalvation said:
Nope, absolutely not. Because I have very long upper legs in comparison to my lower legs, I have to employ a lot of forward lean to keep the bar over my heels.

I don't know how you fux have time to think about shit like where the pressure is when you're trying to squat. If you're thinking about how your feet feel when you squat, you just like, aren't thinking about the right things at all man. Seriously.
You're right, I have been doing things wrong lately. I can be very obsessive compulsive and self conscious about my form and it can ruin my workout sometimes.

By the way, you must have one flexible groins for a 300 pounder cause I tried wide squatting and the pain was undeniable. :eek:

By the way, your tip on spreading knees apart to make depth was one incredible advice. I also loved the driving the neck backwards advice.

You are the man.

I developed my groin flexibility by doing the following:

Sitting on a 12" box (pretty low for a 6' guy), and as I got comfortable, I'd gradually spread my stance out further and point my toes more forward (less flexibility this way) and my hips and hams loosened up ASAP.

I can also bend over and touch the floor, not just my toes, and expect were it not for my belly I could maybe get my palms down there.

I JUST DID 120LBS ON THE ROLLING THUNDER WITH MY RIGHT HAND!!! 5LB PR IN ONE WEEK!!!
CAN YOU DEAL W/ THAT!!!???? *karatae chops in the air real fast-like*

To all in the RT comp... stay out of my way...listen to what I say. :D

BTW, on a serious note, my forearms are as fried as a goat, and I don't know if any of you guys do this after working out with the RT, but a little while after doing my RT holds, I just took like 5 minutes of my time and just did a few 20-30 second intervals of just squeezing the RT thick handle as hard as I could...it burned pretty bad...I don't know if that will even do anything, but meh...

Ted-P said:

Uh huh.

Man, just mind your own numbers. The only person you should EVER be in competition with is yourself. Who gives a flip what Joe Blow can or can't do? If he inflates his numbers, the only person he's trying to truly fool is himself because most people don't give a shit. You are young and you haven't been lifting for a decade or two. That's cool man. Your progress at this point is basically limitless. If someone claims to squat 750, we have no reason to believe or disbelieve...as you pointed out, we have no proof. Fine. Who cares what someone else does?

I bench around 500. You probably can't. Should you care? No. Carnal can DL Mt. Everest. Do I care? No. We have our own goals. The ONLY lifts we should scrutinize are our own. There's a chick (A CHICK FOR CHRIST'S SAKE) that posts at another website I go to that can DL 500 @ 148 lbs. She also BP's 300+....

Point is: We are all different. Our only concern should be OUR progress.

rickdog said:
Ok that makes 2 , do we have any other takers, Urban I remember you having an interest in this a while ago, would make it 3? If my memory serves me correctly CMart may have been interested too. Please keep me posted. I could us One of you especially to help with the rules end of this comp.

Rolling Thunder? I found out I am not very strong at it and I am ashamed.

I'll get to work on it right away.

FATKID said:
Man, just mind your own numbers. The only person you should EVER be in competition with is yourself. Who gives a flip what Joe Blow can or can't do? If he inflates his numbers, the only person he's trying to truly fool is himself because most people don't give a shit. You are young and you haven't been lifting for a decade or two. That's cool man. Your progress at this point is basically limitless. If someone claims to squat 750, we have no reason to believe or disbelieve...as you pointed out, we have no proof. Fine. Who cares what someone else does?

I bench around 500. You probably can't. Should you care? No. Carnal can DL Mt. Everest. Do I care? No. We have our own goals. The ONLY lifts we should scrutinize are our own. There's a chick (A CHICK FOR CHRIST'S SAKE) that posts at another website I go to that can DL 500 @ 148 lbs. She also BP's 300+....

Point is: We are all different. Our only concern should be OUR progress.
I know. SOmetimes I dont follow my own advice out of frustration.

rickdog said:
Sonny, It would be nice to catch it on a picture but Im not so sure it is necessary. If some new guy comes along and starts claiming he did it than we will count his lift as BS. and continue with the comp anyway. However, first off I wouls not consider you to be a liar and second even if you where (which your not) the only one to lose would be you.

Well I hit a PR of 175 a couple of weeks ago, I posted about it in the PR thread but I didn't expect anyone to take it seriously because I have no proof. I'll try to get a pic of it, but now I'm having the hardest time hitting that weight. The other day I was struggling with 150 lbs.!

Sonny said:
Well I hit a PR of 175 a couple of weeks ago, I posted about it in the PR thread but I didn't expect anyone to take it seriously because I have no proof. I'll try to get a pic of it, but now I'm having the hardest time hitting that weight. The other day I was struggling with 150 lbs.!

Wow, nice. How big are ye?

I pulled 120 today...hit a PR...but then YOU had to come along with your 175 RT PR...you sicken me!!! :D

Back