Tips To Know That You Suck

When you giggle everytime the instructor mentions a rear naked choke.
When you're surprised your sub attempt worked.
When your instructor corrects your technique and you respond, "But when I was in Tae Kwon Do..."

Blocking a strike with your mouthpiece is more difficult than it sounds.

When everyone of your chokes end up getting the tap because they turn into neck cranks.

When your best guard pass is baiting for an arm bar or triangle.

When you pride yourself of only getting subbed by high whites and above.

When you are constantly citing your opponents' weight, "stripes," or age in an attempt to self-justify your performance, instead of just being glad you can learn from somebody who is better than you.

When you are constantly citing your opponents' weight, "stripes," or age in an attempt to self-justify your performance, instead of just being glad you can learn from somebody who is better than you.

lol guilty.

Your entire strategy for passing the guard is to drive your elbows into your opponents theighs as hard as you can.

when a white belt does that to me I get pissed and I go from having a nice easy roll to hunting out as many subs and sweeps as I can possibly get, especially if I have explained it before

When you barely ever have the time/secured position/foresight to look for actual submission attempts except in response to an opponent escape, attack, or counter. Also known as being half a step behind, inexperienced, and a wrestler.

Darcebrabo - When you could finish someone with the standard reverse triangle from back control, but go for the pentagram choke instead. (Found here: YouTube - Pentagram Choke Submission)

When everyone of your chokes end up getting the tap because they turn into neck cranks.

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Ive developed quite a nasty triangle but I fear that I am looking for it too much.....better guys are passing my guard :icon_neut

I think you suck if you lack flexiblity....this sport is based on flexibility if you cant bend and flex you're dick is out in the wind!

Hey...be nice. Some of us older guys with injuries aren't as flexible as we used to be. That being said, I know what you mean. Sadly, I am still much more flexible than some of the guys in our club.

On another note, the MRI is tomorrow. We'll see how many of these "tears" my doctor thinks I have are real.......and how long he's gonna want me laid up.

Your entire strategy for passing the guard is to drive your elbows into your opponents theighs as hard as you can.

Funny! We have a purple belt at our school who does that. I am teaching guard passes tonight and had already planned my speech on this.

Back