Tips for Brazilian Steakhouses for the Masculine Man

I eat what tastes good.

I like a good salad.

I like the bottom sirloin and the chicken thighs.

I like the filet and ribeye as well, but I go to the churrascaria to eat a bunch of different shit.

I mean it's like 50$, not like you're breaking the bank for a meal and need to gameplan beforehand

Never been to one. Why tf would anyone go to the salad bar though?

Texas De Brazil actually has some tasty options on it. It’s hard not to try some of the stuff. I mostly stick to the light acidic options in between portions of meat.

They have some amazing cured meats as well.

The service is really damn good to comparable to a fine dining place. Your water is constantly refilled and plates taken away quickly.

Texas De Brazil actually has some tasty options on it. It’s hard not to try some of the stuff. I mostly stick to the light acidic options in between portions of meat.

They have some amazing cured meats as well.

The service is really damn good to comparable to a fine dining place. Your water is constantly refilled and plates taken away quickly.
I actually have one by my house. Will check it out. I have been meaning to.

These steak places suck.

Overpriced and way too salty.

Just go to a good steak house and pay the same money.

As if any decent steak house isn't overpriced as hell?

The only way to not get ripped off eating meat is to cook it yourself imo.

Brazilian? So they wax the cows until they're totally smooth so it's easier to eat?

Here are some things you should and shouldn't do while dining at Brazilian Steakhouses.
These places have all you can eat steaks & salad options.

1) Do not eat from the salad bar unless they have hot peppers or onions.
The waiters there will encourage you to eat from the salad bar as soon as you sit down.
This is pure deception on their part to get you to eat less meat.
Hot peppers and onions are the only suggestions to digest your food quicker.

2) When a Gaúcho comes by your table with meat, refuse the cheapest items they offer.
Items like chicken thighs, beef ribs, and pork whatever are fillers
You came to a steakhouse, not Dennys.

3) Picanha is Top Serloin
It is NOT the best cut of meat. Don't let those idiots fool into thinking that Picanha came from heaven and fell onto your plate.

4) Avoid bottom Serloin
This is also known as Tri-Tip
This is the type of steak that people eat on a budget.

5) Make a request for your favorite meats
Ribeye & Filet Mignon are the best choices.
If they don't serve either one, then you get up from your table and leave!!
That place is worst than McDonald's!!!

6) Ask for the big Kahuna
Who the hell wants to eat just a tiny slice of ribeye?
Fuck that! You ask them for the whole cut on their serving stick.
Tell them you are offended they think you are Somalian. (Somalians hardly eat and have small stomachs)

7) DO NOT EAT DESSERT!!!!
This is the worst punishment for your body.
Eating a large amount of sugar after eating a large amount of protein will convert into fat.
People will call you tubby or Fat Albert when you go back to work.
Alpha post

I actually have one by my house. Will check it out. I have been meaning to.

I have been there twice I would recommend it. It’s a perfect balance of casual/fine dining restaurant. The wait staff is very professional. I would go there just for the salad bar but $20 more gets you all you can eat meat.

As if any decent steak house isn't overpriced as hell?

The only way to not get ripped off eating meat is to cook it yourself imo.

Steak has usually the lowest mark-up on the menu at a restaurant because the meat is so expensive, they can only increase it so much before people wont buy it.

Here are some things you should and shouldn't do while dining at Brazilian Steakhouses.
These places have all you can eat steaks & salad options.

1) Do not eat from the salad bar unless they have hot peppers or onions.
The waiters there will encourage you to eat from the salad bar as soon as you sit down.
This is pure deception on their part to get you to eat less meat.
Hot peppers and onions are the only suggestions to digest your food quicker.

2) When a Gaúcho comes by your table with meat, refuse the cheapest items they offer.
Items like chicken thighs, beef ribs, and pork whatever are fillers
You came to a steakhouse, not Dennys.

3) Picanha is Top Serloin
It is NOT the best cut of meat. Don't let those idiots fool into thinking that Picanha came from heaven and fell onto your plate.

4) Avoid bottom Serloin
This is also known as Tri-Tip
This is the type of steak that people eat on a budget.

5) Make a request for your favorite meats
Ribeye & Filet Mignon are the best choices.
If they don't serve either one, then you get up from your table and leave!!
That place is worst than McDonald's!!!

6) Ask for the big Kahuna
Who the hell wants to eat just a tiny slice of ribeye?
Fuck that! You ask them for the whole cut on their serving stick.
Tell them you are offended they think you are Somalian. (Somalians hardly eat and have small stomachs)

7) DO NOT EAT DESSERT!!!!
This is the worst punishment for your body.
Eating a large amount of sugar after eating a large amount of protein will convert into fat.
People will call you tubby or Fat Albert when you go back to work.
<mma4>

Sounds like a scam place that I should avoid like hell!
Thanks for tips OP

I love how the servers try to push the salad bar. No thanks, I flip that thing to green and wait.

I was down Brazil just a few months back catching up with some buddies. Didn't go to any steakhouses. Didn't even notice if there was any. One thing I noticed was the local weed was total bullshit. Everything else was great but Jesus, what the fuck is up with your weed Brazil?

Unpopular opinion but steak is overrated. I’ve been to some pretty high end steakhouses and meh. I don’t get why some people equate liking steak to some personality trait associated with manliness.

I definitely concur.

I didn't eat beef growing up for religious/cultural reasons. Once I was old enough to figure out that God wasn't going to hit me with a lightning bolt because I ate the wrong animal, I started eating beef.

The first time I had steak, it was at the Keg (nothing special). It was just okay, but I said to myself that going to a real steakhouse would probably be different. Fast forward several years, and I have had steak at some of the best restaurants in Toronto and London (Michaels on Simcoe, Scaramouche, Core, Ledbury etc.), and I am underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I actually prefer the way asian cuisine seasons and marinates steak. I would take the grilled steak at the all you can eat Korean BBQ place over a $300 wagyu steak any day of the week. I guess I just have a pedestrian pallet.

Back