Tippy toes a no no...a better way to kick

Writing in caps doesn't make your points stronger. It's even embarrassing when don't even address the points made by the person you're responding.

So what with percentages? You posted the clip of Israel kicking with his base foot flat, sometimes even pointing straight forward, and with the leg bent...

You tell me to study physics yet doesn't understand the difference extending or bending the base leg will have on how much your body weight transfers into the kick. Yeah, physics genius, if you bend your base leg you're keeping a lot of weight on it...

Also, I'm not in charge of whatever you think is responsible for "Brazil being better off", but I assure you that it doesn't have anything to do with people citing sayings.
This is has become a endless, several ppl have replied that this theory of Planting the foot and bent leg will not reduce sweeps and takedowns. @aerius good point when the foot lifted to plant it’s dead give away that the kicks coming .

Maybe our physics professor will respond with "he didn't set up his kicks with punches, as you ALWAYS should." ignoring that the thais have been kicking the shit out of everybody based on their masterful knowledge of rhythm

...adesanya did beat silvas brazilian ass pretty well with his "poor" kicking

although silva kicks with a flat base foot also...

sorry man, I just thought it was funny that you did not read the thread b4 blasting my observations.

I just never thought people could be stupid enough to think i meant to rest your weight across your whole foot while pivoting.

just read the thread 1st people...LOL

"brazilian ass" lol you might had written "old almost retired brazilian ass"

The funny thing is you writing that like it matters if he's brazilian or extraterrestrial, or if I would get offended. I'm not a nationalist or whatever. Adesanya beat Anderson fair and square. Nobody can question that. So what?

Great fighters are able to excel using technique that's not optimal. What you fail to realize is that it doesn't represent an evolution of technique, but simply a great fighter taking advantage of his particularities. Take guys that are as athletic, rangy and slick like Adesanya or Jones and they should be able to kick a lot of heads without performing with the cleanest technique.

Recommending it as a better way of doing things is both irresponsible and insensible, and you being a coach should know better.

And now you're doing the whole "I didn't mean that" but still posted a video of a guy kicking with said technique along with the bold statement that we should all train our round kicks like that.

So tell us, since you understand so much about physics: why bend the base leg if it will keep a lot of weight on it, hindering both the delivery of your bw AND your ability to turn your foot?

You should give us a video of yourself showing how it's done.

I just never thought people could be stupid enough to think i meant to rest your weight across your whole foot while pivoting.

just read the thread 1st people...LOL

You need to show us how it's done yourself, why this matters, and how what you say is the same as Adesanya's technique.

Great reply!

But you don't have to raise the heel at all you can just unweight it.

Guys there are three points of contact in the human foot... if you weigh 200 pounds and 195 lb of that weight is transferred to the ball of your foot your heel will slide across the ground with no problem whatsoever!

there's only five pounds of weight in the heel touching the ground it's simple physics!

you not going to blow out your knee

The Thai guys who lift their heels completely while landing the kick are probably trolling the white guys who watch the youtube videos.

Who says that if you place your foot at a correct angle you're giving away a kick? You can throw a jab and follow the motion with a kick, zero telegraphing.

Last edited:
"brazilian ass" lol you might had written "old almost retired brazilian ass"

The funny thing is you writing that like it matters if he's brazilian or extraterrestrial, or if I would get offended. I'm not a nationalist or whatever. Adesanya beat Anderson fair and square. Nobody can question that. So what?

Great fighters are able to excel using technique that's not optimal. What you fail to realize is that it doesn't represent an evolution of technique, but simply a great fighter taking advantage of his particularities. Take guys that are as athletic, rangy and slick like Adesanya or Jones and they should be able to kick a lot of heads without performing with the cleanest technique.

Recommending it as a better way of doing things is both irresponsible and insensible, and you being a coach should know better.

And now you're doing the whole "I didn't mean that" but still posted a video of a guy kicking with said technique along with the bold statement that we should all train our round kicks like that.

So tell us, since you understand so much about physics: why bend the base leg if it will keep a lot of weight on it, hindering both the delivery of your bw AND your ability to turn your foot?

You should give us a video of yourself showing how it's done.

I've found many videos of how a roundhouse shouldn't be executed in this section. shinguys and aerials playing coach

I've found many videos of how a roundhouse shouldn't be executed in this section. shinguys and aerials playing coach

For all I know "shinguy" is a Muay Thai fighter/coach and have great kicks...

IF you're refering to @shincheckin

Now you on the other hand, I don't have a clue about who you are and how you kick...

Show me a video of you throwing this kick and for this one time and only I will try to correct you if you throw it wrongly , otherwise go on watching random mt clips from youtube like the rest do here.
If you're asking me to post up a kick video for internet critique no thanks. I don't just watch random clips I teach/train in a gym. Had sparring this morning. Not sure what your angle is with this reply...

If you're asking me to post up a kick video for internet critique no thanks. I don't just watch random clips I teach/train in a gym. Had sparring this morning. Not sure what your angle is with this reply...[/QUOTE
internet critique <[analyzed}>
I can't teach how to kick properly from here sorry.

Really, the level of this section is down to the gutter, do whatever you like , why doesn't @aerius show us himself how a kick should be thrown?

The Thai guys who lift their heels completely while landing the kick are probably trolling the white guys who watch the youtube videos.

Nice new white belt account.........;) who was you before............or are you still running multiple accounts......

Here's the great Burkaw in slow motion

Throwing the classical muay thai round kick over and over without punch setups

you can see the tippy toe rise is more or less a spring action to get a tiny bit more power and height off your kick

mechanically I do not believe it's worth the increased risk of sweeps throws and trips that are so critical in MMA

It's not wrong, it's just simply a fact that modern mixed martial arts competition has evolved a new way to kick that in my opinion is superior

In contrast if you watch Adesanyas MMA variant it is significantly different and set up with punches to reduce the need for a pivot...

this is how you should train your roundkicks

Yah, no you shouldn't.

The reason it looks like Israel is kicking like that is because he is too narrowed on his base.

The fact you are using MMA fighters, even though they are in a narrower base with isn't suitable for a true roundhouse kick does not help your point.

It's like saying showing a picture of Floyd Mayweather than telling a load of Thai fighters to punch and box like Mayweather.

Not possible, the stance will not permit it because how wide Thai fighters stand.

Furthermore, reducing the need for a pivot, reduces the power and you can't argue that.

The reason you are trying to argue this is because you don't understand the mechanics behind a Thai/Open Stance and a MMA/Boxer Bladed Stance.

Also, I raise you Sanenchai over your Buakaw.

tumblr_mmzra96cXi1qhi56lo1_500.jpg

You can have Buakaw as well...

buakaw_0.jpg

and Singdam

Singdam-Kiatmoo9-muay-thai.jpg

and Superlek

maxresdefault.jpg

I can go on and on...

Last edited:
lol the pictures don't show anyone throwing a kick high on their toes

@aerius show us a kick or is it that you can't even raise your leg mr. internet warrior?

The " internet champions" of stand up here don't know that in a ring full of sweat on the ground if you try to throw a roundhouse high on the toes you will slip like a mofo, just like all these Thai guys you're saying.

Last edited:
lol the pictures don't show anyone throwing a kick high on their toes

@aerius show us a kick or is it that you can't even raise your leg mr. internet warrior?

The " internet champions" of stand up here don't know that in a ring full of sweat on the ground if you try to throw a roundhouse high on the toes you will slip like a mofo, just like all these Thai guys you're saying.

You still trolling this thread?

<FookIsThatGuy>

Y'all shouldn't just accept trolls here. Isn't there active moderators in here? Get these guys banned, trolling clearly violates forum rules and these guys are obvious enough.

Muay Thai traditional counter

At 38 sec you see kolats sweep is all about getting his opponent on this tip toes and hopping

Last edited:
Yah, no you shouldn't.

The reason it looks like Israel is kicking like that is because he is too narrowed on his base.

The fact you are using MMA fighters, even though they are in a narrower base with isn't suitable for a true roundhouse kick does not help your point.

It's like saying showing a picture of Floyd Mayweather than telling a load of Thai fighters to punch and box like Mayweather.

Not possible, the stance will not permit it because how wide Thai fighters stand.

Furthermore, reducing the need for a pivot, reduces the power and you can't argue that.

The reason you are trying to argue this is because you don't understand the mechanics behind a Thai/Open Stance and a MMA/Boxer Bladed Stance.

Also, I raise you Sanenchai over your Buakaw.

tumblr_mmzra96cXi1qhi56lo1_500.jpg

I "understand" MT just fine

MMA fighters throw "TRUE" roundhouse kicks

maybe if you read the thread more thoroughly you would understand that my WHOLE point is how muay thai transitions to MMA.

and remember Danny Bill, he seemed to do just fine in MT with the flat foot kicking style.

Dany%20Bill.jpg

Last edited:
Back