Tipping

i agree. however, if you dont tip, the person who rings it up gets screwed. for example, at my last restaurant job, the bartender rang up the meal and the food would be taken to the bar where the customer would pick it up. well, the bartender has to ring that up under their sales. so they need to claim a percentage (here it was 8% of sales) of their sales to be taxed on. additionally, they would tip out bussers and runners based on their overall sales. therefore a zero tip on take out means that bartender had to pay out of their own pocket to get you that meal

That's **********NOT*************** OUR PROBLEM THAT *************YOU************** HAVE TO PAY THIS. THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR *********EMPLOYER***********!! The service doesn't change just because you have to pay out of sales. That has ****************************NOTHING*************** TO DO WITH THE CUSTOMER AT ALL. WHY should they tip based on a NON-SERVICE ISSUE, HUH?

Tipping, as most people think of tipping, is for *******SERVICE*********, NOT for YOU TIPPING SALES.

When I go to pick up an order, unless it is a really complicated order, I don't tip at all. I have maybe tipped once or twice on a to-go order, which once was because they gave me something for free and the other time was when I ordered a really complicated order with lots of condiments, so it was more work than just let's say a pasta order for example.

I didn't tip based on sales. I tipped because of the amount of *WORK* the worker had to do and/or because they were generous giving me something for free.

I would happily bring my order to the kitchen staff, pick up my order when called, refill my own drinks etc if I could in a restaurant. I don't want or need your "How is everything? Can I get you anything?" It usually interrupts whatever I am doing at the moment, and I find it quite annoying.

May I suggest either stop going out to eat at those places inside or ****TELL YOUR SERVER TO LEAVE YOU ALONE THAT YOU WILL CALL THEM IF NEEDED*****?

If you dont tip and i see you in the restaurant im spitting in your food.

If you're being serious then you're really pathetic.

That's **********NOT*************** OUR PROBLEM THAT *************YOU************** HAVE TO PAY THIS. THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR *********EMPLOYER***********!! The service doesn't change just because you have to pay out of sales. That has ****************************NOTHING*************** TO DO WITH THE CUSTOMER AT ALL. WHY should they tip based on a NON-SERVICE ISSUE, HUH?

Tipping, as most people think of tipping, is for *******SERVICE*********, NOT for YOU TIPPING SALES.

When I go to pick up an order, unless it is a really complicated order, I don't tip at all. I have maybe tipped once or twice on a to-go order, which once was because they gave me something for free and the other time was when I ordered a really complicated order with lots of condiments, so it was more work than just let's say a pasta order for example.

I didn't tip based on sales. I tipped because of the amount of *WORK* the worker had to do and/or because they were generous giving me something for free.

Oh shit it's you! lol

How do you feel about tipping and the food industry? I've been getting more and more aggravated with tipping as of late. EVERYONE expects tips...people working at coffee shops, smoothie stores, bars, Subway, hair salons, etc. Not only do you have to pay over the top for a sandwich or cup of coffee, but people are now expected to pay for the people making it. I tip regularly because I understand they make their money off of tips and feel like a cheapskate if I don't, but I'm with Steve Buscemi on this one. It's complete crap. A tip was supposed to be a gratuitous gesture, and now some restaurants include it into your bill. I have to pay the guy bringing me a steak more than the guy bringing me a hamburger because I ordered a more expensive meal? Pretty ridiculous.

Regular restaurant where I get good service? 20-25%
Dunkin Donuts 'tip appreciated cup'? Jack Shit
Buffet places where they bring your drink and that's it? 5%
Buffet places where it's all self serve? Jack Shit

Springs1, honey, I'm still wore out from the last tustle we had with you. I hope you have a safe and happy NYE. Order responsibly, tip however you see fit.

I tip waiters and waitresses. Even when they sucked and keep telling myself I'm not leaving them shit, I leave 1-2 dollars. Usually I tip about $3- $5 bucks.

There was one time at Pizza Hut, there was a waitress who was working all the tables by herself, and still managed to fill our drinks regularly, and bring out food out as quick as possible. You could tell she was hauling ass. We felt pretty gracious that night and gave her a $20.

Tip your stinkin waiters people, don't be a stingy bum.

encouraging people to commit crimes due to a lack of tipping.

It's not a crime not to tip! Since when is tipping mandatory when you aren't in a large party or using a coupon that requires automatic gratuity, huh?

It's not a crime not to tip! Since when is tipping mandatory when you aren't in a large party or using a coupon that requires automatic gratuity, huh?

Even for a troll, that was pathetic. Learn to read for you post.

It's an issue because, at least in America, it is viewed as mandatory. A tip for a job well done is fine. No problems with that. And as I've stated in other threads, I tend to tip very well. My problem is the idea that it is socially mandatory and people feel the need to tip even the worst servers. It's sad.

I'll tip a barber for a good haircut, and a cab driver for getting me where I need to be in timely fashion, safely. I'll even tip at a coffee shop if they make the coffee fast in a busy spot. But if any of those instances is unpleasant in a manner that the serving party could have avoided, they don't get tipped. Same thing for restaurants. We're supposed to feel sorry for people making ~2 bucks an hour, but as I've said before, no one forced them to take that job with those shit wages. Want better guaranteed pay? Get a better job. Fuck, get a job with minimum wage.

And before anyone accuses me of not tipping, I went out to lunch today and the check came out to 11.58, and I dropped a 20. Not much money, but over 70% for the tip, if my math is correct.

I've dropped 300 bucks on 200 dollar bar tabs when I'm out with the guys.

I tip just fine, assuming the service is good. If it's not, I don't tip shit.

Aren't restaurants in most states required to pay their waiters/waitresses at least minimum wage if they don't receive up to the minimum wage amount in tips?

I ALWAYS tip 15 at least, if the service was even B+ I go 20%.

The other night we went to someone place the GF wanted to try bills like 50 some odd bucks I pay with a 100 she brings back the book sits it on the table and walks away she only gave me back 20 dollars in 1s.

I flag her to come back to the table. I say "was gratietuite included" she give me a shitty and a short no. Which for someone reason really pissed me off, I point out she didn't give me the correct change, this bitch starts to argue with me. I Get bent more then I should have in retrospect. Finally manager comes give me the money they owe me. We leave and I don't tip at all.

Uncalled for?
Or
Right move?

Last edited:

The other night we went to someone place the GF wanted to try bills like 50 some odd bucks I pay with a 100 she brings back the boom sits it on the table and walks away she only gave me back 20 dollars in 1s.

I flag her to come back to the table. I say "was gratietuite included" she give me a shitty and a short no. Which for someone reason really pissed me off, I point out she didn't give me the correct change, this bitch starts to argue with me. Get bent more then I should have in retrospect. Finally manager comes give me the money they owe me. We leave and I don't tip at all.

Uncalled for?
Or
Right move?

Should've gave her teh jab.

Aren't restaurants in most states required to pay their waiters/waitresses at least minimum wage if they don't receive up to the minimum wage amount in tips?

yes, but minimum wage is so pathetic that it never actually happens.

Yeah man, I mostly just tip because i'm not broke. If you're poor, that's cool.

The other night we went to someone place the GF wanted to try bills like 50 some odd bucks I pay with a 100 she brings back the book sits it on the table and walks away she only gave me back 20 dollars in 1s.

I flag her to come back to the table. I say "was gratietuite included" she give me a shitty and a short no. Which for someone reason really pissed me off, I point out she didn't give me the correct change, this bitch starts to argue with me. I Get bent more then I should have in retrospect. Finally manager comes give me the money they owe me. We leave and I don't tip at all.

Uncalled for?
Or
Right move?

Right move.

See the mentality we're breeding with this shit? They don't give a fuck about the quality of service, just how much they get from you once the bill's paid.

Yeah man, I mostly just tip because i'm not broke. If you're poor, that's cool.

pretty much true
if you dont tip your prolly broke and a piece of shit
i usually pity people who dont tip i once gave a guy a dollar and told him he should look into rehab when he didnt tip

always tip your driver, he is broke and hungry and in need of a coffee or tea.

pretty much true
if you dont tip your prolly broke and a piece of shit
i usually pity people who dont tip i once gave a guy a dollar and told him he should look into rehab when he didnt tip

I was in Korea at a restaurant and after I finished I left a tip on the table. The waitress frantically flagged me down and absolutely would not let me leave without me taking my tip back. I explained to her the best I could that it was for her for good service and when she looked at the chefs with a confused look, I bolted.

Back