Tip On Take Out Order?

Not tipping is one of the poorest things you can do. That said the girl looks like a fat obnoxious bitch so I have no sympathy for her.

I never tip on a takeout order. Driver didn't use gas to bring it to my place, didn't get waited on. Who am I tipping, the cooks for doing their job? Lol at her bitching about it being hard work, as opposed to the cooks who had to slave over a hot stove preparing a 700$ order.

That being said, leaving no tip on a 700$ bill is cheap as fuck, especially coming from a church.

They should've put $25 on it as a tip. I always tip on takeout, but usually only $1-$2 because my orders are small. Putting 3% on it is more than reasonable. But, mostly I blame restaurants for paying like shit.

Outback should have fired her sooner for being a fat disgusting bitch. lmao

I am in the delivery business. There's a premium a customer is charged for delivering our products. I have a driver to pay, gas, wear and tear on the vehicle, insurance, etc.

Know what happens when the customer comes to my office and picks up? They don't pay as much because I don't have all the associated costs with a delivery.

Maybe when a restaurant decides I'm doing them a favor by doing a lot of the work they normally have to and discounts my meal I'll consider tipping...until then just have my food ready when I get there.

I looked into it more and apparently California is one of seven states that do pay servers (and other tipped employees) a state minimum wage instead of the federal minimum wage for tipped workers of $2.13/hr

This website shows that Southern states in particular don't have laws that mandate tipped workers be paid more than the federal minimum wage for tipped workers

https://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

I think if I were living in a Southern state I might feel more inclined to tip on a takeout order. I'm in California, but I guess if/when I do takeout at an Outback I'd take into account the weather and other stuff when deciding to tip or not rather than just not tipping. Mostly I feel like it is just a part of the job.

No tipping works in Korea and Japan and China. And service on average is on par with or better than USA. Make portion seizes smaller, pay servers more perhaps?
Rice is cheap and those people are tiny

Im sure people break laws everywhere. If you continue working for people that break them, its your own fault. Why would you bring up the illegal actions of people you sued and won against as some sort of norm?

On what planet did I say they make so much money? I said it's illegal to not pay minimum wage and pay them like 2 bucks an hour. Because it's objectively true.
Buisnesses do shady shit. Just tip your waiter. If you dont theyre paying for you to eat.

People who work in the tipping industry are so fucking ridiculous. I once had a friend who said that not only should you be tipping 20% of your tab but you should also be tipping based on the amount of time you occupy that space. So if you sit down after work for a few hours and have some beers with coworkers you need to tip 20% of the bill + whatever time you sat there for. He didn't specify how much it should be but still it's fucking crazy.
Its not crazy.. Get a damn clue.

If you sit at a table for hours spending money, 20% is fine. If youre dribking free refills on tea and leave 5 bucks after 2 hours thats not cool.

Its not crazy.. Get a damn clue.

If you sit at a table for hours spending money, 20% is fine. If youre dribking free refills on tea and leave 5 bucks after 2 hours thats not cool.

That's not what my friend is saying. He's saying that if I got to a bar and we eat and have drinks for a few hours. I need to tip him 20% of the tab and throw in more money on top of that for sitting there for three hours even though we ate and were drinking the whole time.

Buisnesses do shady shit. Just tip your waiter. If you dont theyre paying for you to eat.

How about I won't eat at a place that does shady shit?

Who said I don't tip my waiter? They are not paying for me to eat, unless they're employer is breaking laws. Tipping because people do things against the law is one of the weirdest tipping arguments I've ever heard.

That's not what my friend is saying. He's saying that if I got to a bar and we eat and have drinks for a few hours. I need to tip him 20% of the tab and throw in more money on top of that for sitting there for three hours even though we ate and were drinking the whole time.
Entitled waiters are annoying too, i wont disagree with that.

How about I won't eat at a place that does shady shit?

Who said I don't tip my waiter? They are not paying for me to eat, unless they're employer is breaking laws. Tipping because people do things against the law is one of the weirdest tipping arguments I've ever heard.
Well then cook at home because they all do shit like this

Well then cook at home because they all do shit like this

Your defenses are insane. "Tip because the owners they work for break laws". WTF? As if whether or not I tip was even part of the discussion, which it wasn't. You just assumed I don't tip for some bizarre reason.

I never tip for takeout, that being said if I made a $700 order maybe I would. I don't know tbh but in general why the hell would I tip you for takeout? I mean if I'm gonna tip a restaurant for takeout I might as well tip the guy at the convenience store for a chocolate bar or a lottery ticket. I mean am I just supposed to pay everyone something extra on top of every single thing that I buy?

Your defenses are insane. "Tip because the owners they work for break laws". WTF? As if whether or not I tip was even part of the discussion, which it wasn't. You just assumed I don't tip for some bizarre reason.
Becsuse youve been in this thread defending not leaving her a couple bucks on a $700 takeout that she took to the car...

Its not insane. I never had any restaraunt properly compensate me when i didnt make minimum wage. I know theyre supposed to, but they do not.

I refuse to wait tables anymore, but ive been there and it is extremely frustrating how ignorant people can be when it comes to tipping.

Rice is cheap and those people are tiny
What you mean, “those people”?

main-qimg-783896dbe02adccd017fd642f9ac9d07-c

Becsuse youve been in this thread defending not leaving her a couple bucks on a $700 takeout that she took to the car...

Its not insane. I never had any restaraunt properly compensate me when i didnt make minimum wage. I know theyre supposed to, but they do not.

I refuse to wait tables anymore, but ive been there and it is extremely frustrating how ignorant people can be when it comes to tipping.

My gf is a server, one of the restaurants she works at has a shift leader/lead server instead of a manager. The reason for that is because it's illegal in CA for managers to collect tips, this is how they get around it. The manager makes roughly minimum wage but gets to take from the servers tips..... i did the math and my gf doesn't even get half her tips.

After getting exposed to what happens in the restaurant industry, I'm thoroughly disgusted. That being said fuck this bitch, I'm a line cook and takeout falls on us and solely us(and 9 out of 10 times the servers never hook us up.. what happened is she starting to count her eggs before they hatched and came out disappointed when she didn't get nuffin.

Back