Tip On Take Out Order?

ok, I've changed my mind.
if the gal had to actually lug $700 worth of food out to
some cult members, then yea, they should have tipped her.

hell, I tip the mexicans at the quarry when I get a truck load of gravel.

I'd take her outback and give her the tip instead

Gotta lol at a Church not tipping.

If it's a takeout spot like a pizza, hoagie or Chinese spot there is no need to tip.

If it's a restaurant where waiters/waitresses are putting together the order you should tip.

Poor people disagree with this.

The Church actually called to apologize and work something out. They realized it was a mistake.

I'll be the first to bash the churches but it seems like the person fetching the food didn't realize what they were doing.

I feel like no one reads the articles.

Also lmao at anyone eating take out from an Outback Steakhouse.

You All Sound Poor

I always tip on a takeout order if they bring it out to the car.
Yeah. I don't tip as much for takeout as a normal meal, but I tip something, especially if It was a $700 order and they brought it out to the car

I mean I'd expect this from a Synagogue but a Catholic Church?

The Church actually called to apologize and work something out. They realized it was a mistake.

I'll be the first to bash the churches but it seems like the person fetching the food didn't realize what they were doing.

Ahhh

Even if they didn't the server was a cunt too.

I probably should have said that earlier

What i'm thinking is how the hell did they manage to wing a full refund on 735 dollars?!!! Jesus

And then I try to make a complaint on a 5 pound KFC and get a free medium Pepsi.. Fuck my life
It’s the power of the Jesus bro

If the person putting together the order makes under minimum wage you should tip.

So if you're picking up from Dominos no tip.

If you're picking up from an actual restaurant tip.

Otherwise everyone else is subsidizing your meals.
If a person calls the restaurant, order the food then go pick it up themselves... why would that person have to tip?

If people are getting served at a restaurant by a waiting staff, then of course they should tip

If people order food for delivery, of course they should tip the delivery guy.

I don't understand that woman who made the complaint...

The church ordered the food then came to pick it up... and the woman just went to their car and hand it to them? I don't understand how she can expect a tip from that.

Her or the waiting staff in that restaurant didn't serve them. The food was made by the cooks and most likely the waiting staff packed the food. Typical restaurant duties...

This is crazy. So restaurants expect you to tip when you make a order on the phone and you pick the food up yourself? Who the hell are you even tipping? Aren't you basically just buying the food to go? Wtf

Normal take out? No way. If it’s a catering call but you picked it up, I would tip.

158Oc62T_400x400.jpg

threadworthy?

I swear people just use yahoo for thread ideas.

If the person putting together the order makes under minimum wage you should tip.

So if you're picking up from Dominos no tip.

If you're picking up from an actual restaurant tip.

Otherwise everyone else is subsidizing your meals.
I'm gonna sound like an asshole, and that's fine, but I really don't care if the person putting it together makes minimum wage (guessing the cook makes normal pay?) That's what they signed up for. It's a gamble whether some people tip or not, and most waiters should know that.

I personally don't order and pick up from an actual restaurant. Because i don't like cold food when i get home.

But if i ever would (big if) order from an actual restaurant, I'm not leaving a tip. Because i'm driving there to pick it up, and not to get waited on.

And about the subsidizing part, then restaurants should jack up the price to make up the difference.

Wow, I did curbside takeaway from Outback last night and as I was driving away I was wondering whether or not I was supposed to tip in that situation. She had to go out in the cold to my car, but the interaction was also very short. I also think they purposely make small talk to make tipping more likely. I personally don't feel it is a tipping situation though. Pretty crazy to see this post when I had been thinking about this today.

I wouldn't tip outback but I do tip my local pizza shop when I pick up and they thank me by making my orders extra special. They even give me a bottle of wine on Christmas. Love you Bennys.

So many places do it now if you pay with a card. Then they look at you funny when you leave the tip line blank. Why the fuck would I tip?? You didn't serve me shit or do anything.

Also lmao at anyone eating take out from an Outback Steakhouse.
Is that really worse than people who make outback a regular Thursday night meal and order the same thing every time?

Back