tiny BJJ guy vs giant weightlifter -- NOT the pedro sauer vid

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Anyone know the people involved here? I'd like to know more about the backstory

Big guy looks beastly, imagine him with a few years of BJJ.

That's the whiniest challenge video I've ever seen.

Fake vid IMO.

Looked like a friendly roll between a new guy and a blue belt level grappler. Didn't see any extreme head pulling, eye gouging, and rib knuckling that the video claimed.

big dude didn't pull any typical spaz/dick moves. small dude didn't go for sweeps or back-takes that were open all day, plus not even a real triangle position in the end. looked like just a normal roll between 2 guys with a huge size difference. besides, why would a guy who hasn't trained before have a rash guard and mma shorts on?

the captions doesn't match the action in the video

It's weird. In the text they say the big guy obviously has previous training and we see him pass the black belt's hand behind his back. Also that doesn't look like a gym that someone would go to only for weightlifting.

That guy didn't roll like any black belt I know. He looked maybe like a blue belt or maybe even a new purple belt at best.

How do you guys deal with that big brother passing the arm behind your back move?

I agree the video was shit, it didn't match the description, and stupid in the fact the weightlifter was wearing fight shorts and a rash guard but "never trained."

But to start off reading people's comments on youtube literally makes me want to smash my computer every time. Everyone is a black belt or an mma fighter what a joke! Than I come here to see what people said and everyone is still being very hard on the guy.

How could you guys say he is probably just a blue belt there is no evidence of that at all. I am a purple belt and I don't think I could have triangled that dude, you guys obv know how hard it is to triangle someone 100lbs heavier than you from your back! I'm 185 and have trouble finishing triangles on guys with big melons that weigh over 220.

I agree the video was shit, it didn't match the description, and stupid in the fact the weightlifter was wearing fight shorts and a rash guard but "never trained."

But to start off reading people's comments on youtube literally makes me want to smash my computer every time. Everyone is a black belt or an mma fighter what a joke! Than I come here to see what people said and everyone is still being very hard on the guy.

How could you guys say he is probably just a blue belt there is no evidence of that at all. I am a purple belt and I don't think I could have triangled that dude, you guys obv know how hard it is to triangle someone 100lbs heavier than you from your back! I'm 185 and have trouble finishing triangles on guys with big melons that weigh over 220.
Because obviously a *real* BJJ black belt would be able to submit any body builder in seconds!

Why did they both just stop at the end? Why would you losen up your choke bc you thought he was going out?

I know who these guys are. The black belt is named Tony Ventrano and teaches/trains in Salt Lake City Utah. The giant guy is one of his purple belt students. They made this as a joke.

I know who these guys are. The black belt is named Tony Ventrano and teaches/trains in Salt Lake City Utah. The giant guy is one of his purple belt students. They made this as a joke.

Man, they really need to work on their delivery.

People really need to learn how to take a joke. This was just a friendly roll between a very experienced purple belt (now a brown) and a black belt. The black belt often films his training rolls and posts them on youtube. Often he adds commentary about the techniques. The whole spiel about it being a challenge match was just a joke. The commentary about pulling on his head and putting a knuckle in his ribs should have given it away. But, I guess that's easy to say for me since I've been training with both guys for several years and know their personalities. By the way, both guys are legit.

Back