Times you were heartbroken of a UFC GOAT getting finished

Franklin against Anderson

Chuck ( even though i think Dana cheated for his career )

Dont consider weidman special when he was a juicer himself

Apparently I don't get invested enough. I thought I'd be upset the day Frankie Edgar finally gets finished, but I wasn't. <{JustBleed}>

Shogun losing against Jones :(
giphy.gif

I was on a revenge wagon for years after that hoping somebody would beat Bones :rolleyes:

Not like a huge Aldo fan but I respected him a lot, and seeing Conor end him like that, I really felt sad for him. What made it so bad was that Conor absolutely ridiculed him leading up the fight, and he couldn't get anything back for it. Before this fight Aldo was really up there with GSP and Jones, but that forever changed since after witnessing that.

I guess he isnt really a "GOAT" per se' .but last time i was heatbroken was when Maia gor KTFO by Marquardt. I even hated nate for a little bit after that

Wanderlei doesn't count as a UFC GOAT but... him vs. Leben. He was one of my favorite fighters at the time and I was at the event. Needless to say I was upset watching him eat upper cut after upper cut until he was dropped. It was also his birthday that weekend too lol.

Aldo, there is nothing that compares to that, the only other GOAT candidate that has tasted the canvas is Silva, who was getting old and was clowning younger big guy, his time was coming anyway.

Jones and GSP quit or sort of quit at the top of their game.

JDS in his second Cain loss. Kinda knew that was the beginning of the end for him.

No way he was ever going to be the same.

Weidman/Silva

Silva and JDS were the two fighters that got me into MMA in the first place, so seeing Silva look invincible then getting laid out while fucking around hurt a bit

Several of Penn's losses, but especially against Rory MacDonald and Edgar III.

Dan Henderson vs. Vitor Belfort rematches.
Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping rematch, even though I count it a moral victory.

Sakuraba vs. Arona.

Matt Hughes vs. Koschek. That had to hurt!

Maybe a tad less distinguished than the above fighters, so possibly farther from a GOAT candidate, but Gilbert Melendez vs. Jeremy Stephens.

Last edited:
Back