Times when supporting character beat the main villain?

a28c103c707f6f8be3b6dda594003757bd1f3ce6796d481dda6438d827036f35._RI_V_TTW_.jpg

If you count Android 17 as a win then you have to count Monaka as well which is ridiculous
latest

I would say that in shows/anime where the main protagonist is still growing/becoming stronger you will often see supporting OP characters beat the main villain of an arc. It happens pretty often actually.

When Catwoman kills Bane I guess?

Actually this is a pretty good call!

I forgot about it because it wasn't even cinematic at all. It was like killing off some random goon who is not even worth remembering. Reminded me of Patsy's threat to Gloria on sopranos.

Doc Holiday killing Johnny Ringo maybe?

Or is that supporting on supporting crime? I guess Curly Bill is the main antagonist vs Wyatt Earp.
Doc Holiday is more a co Main character and got as much screentime and delving into his personal affairs as Wyatt Earp. Ringo is basically the big bad, most skilled villain and arguably the co leader of the Cowboys with Curly Bill and the Clanton's. Curly Bill got killed early with 30 minutes left to go in the movie and it was made clear Ringo was out of Wyatt's league to fight lol.

They made it pretty clear early on that Ringo was the most ruthless skilled villain in the movie and only Doc holiday would be able to take him on. It surprised nobody that the final suspenseful confrontation was going to be the top 2 gunslingers

Usually the supporting character gets their ass kicked by the main villain until the main character shows up and saves the day.

There is only two times I can think of when the supporting character beats the main antagonist:

Android 17 who was MIA came back and won the multi verse tournament despite barely even being a Z fighter.

Hawk from cobra kai who was always just a supporting character was able to beat Robby who was the main antagonist of the series.

Aside from Android 17 and Hawk, I don`t remember supporting characters beating the main antagonist.
Gohan beat Cell

The supporting character goes hard as fuck in this classic film:

The Hunted (Christopher Lambert version, not the one with Tommy Lee Jones)
71mtfukligL._RI_.jpg

This movie is awesome and there are two Japanese swordsmen on a collision course with each other, but then...

the bad guy wins and stupid Christopher Lambert has to step in and beat him now even though he's only had a couple lessons in sword fighting.

The bad guy was injured though so I'm sure that slowed him down.

There's a crappy sci-fi movie called space rage, where it looks like this young bounty hunter is the main character and he has an old man for a mentor.

But then halfway through the movie, the young bounty hunter gets killed and the old man takes over and kills the bad guy.

The Hunted (Christopher Lambert version, not the one with Tommy Lee Jones)
71mtfukligL._RI_.jpg

This movie is awesome and there are two Japanese swordsmen on a collision course with each other, but then...

the bad guy wins and stupid Christopher Lambert has to step in and beat him now even though he's only had a couple lessons in sword fighting.

The bad guy was injured though so I'm sure that slowed him down.

I seem to remember Lambert knocks a house down on the injuried Ninja though rather than straight up beating him in a sword fight.

Supprising interesting drama there I would say, rather than the samurai being heroic he's really just focused on setting up the duel with the Ninja with Lambert as bait.

Training day. I guess everyone saw the russians comming though.

B in b out.. If u consider Ryder to be the main antagonist with regards to Miklo .

Billy Madison

The villain is eventually killed by Steve Buschemi and not Adam Sandler

Back