Opinion Time's Man (person) of the Year

Social Distance Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who are your nominees?

I would have to say:

1) Bedo and Ocacio-Cortez and other young politicians breathing fresh air into the political landscape

2) Donald Trump for obvious reasons

3) The Saudi Royal Family, because of the immense power they seem to wield over our nation.

1. Jamal Khashoggi
2. Moon Jae-In
3. Xi Jin-ping
4. Jeremy Corbyn
5. Jair Bolsonaro
6. Kim Jong-Un
7. Aly Raisman
8. Megan Markle
9. AMLO
10. AOC

1. Jamal Khashoggi
2. Moon Jae-In
3. Xi Jin-ping
4. Jeremy Corbyn
5. AMLO
6. Meghan Markle
7. Aly Raisman
8. Kim Jong-Un
9. Jair Bolsonaro
10. AOC
Spicy list right here. I might add Mueller, maybe premature though.

Spicy list right here. I might add Mueller, maybe premature though.

Yeah, it's important to remember that it's not an endorsement of the candidates as people, or necessarily even of their accomplishments. It's hard for me to take Trump seriously as a candidate when he has done so little and just been in the news completely because of his station and his stupidity.

I'd bet on Xi Jin-Ping. Basically solidified his hold on the world's largest country for the remainder of his life. MBS would've had a shot had he not so blatantly been involved in the Khashoggi murder.

I'd bet on Xi Jin-Ping. Basically solidified his hold on the world's largest country for the remainder of his life. MBS would've had a shot had he not so blatantly been involved in the Khashoggi murder.

That's a good one...completely forgot about him.

papergc,441x415,w,ffffff.2u3.jpg

Trump.

Since Obama, Hitler, Stalin and a whole host of other piss poor choices were made I really do think they need to continue on with the tradition of being worthless.

I don't know, but it will be a good measure of how trashy our climate is. Some good choices were already listed in the OP and in subsequent posts, but it will probably be somebody like Stormy Daniels.

If I have to make an actual guess, I'll go with the border children. That would keep in line with last year's choice to make it a group as opposed to an individual.

Don’t see how they can’t give it to Trump

Xi jinping. Yes a product of the equivalent of chinese politburo and blessed by them but still. Putin deserved man of the year those years back but this year its Xi. In my opinion..

Trump is trying to contain the Red dragon but given how weak america is internally i dont think it will happen.

Trump makes the most sense. His healing of the Korean tensions speaks wonders to his abilities as president. He's done what no man could before him.

Wasn't it the #metoo movement last year?

I could see Time doing something similar and making the person of the year an AR15 (and tying the article into gun violence, which seemed to get alot of press this year)

Or going the satiric route and it being journalists the enemy of the people .

Likely, someone to do with white house.

Dark horse, I think Macron should get some consideration and has definitely increased his recognition beyond home country.

Back