Times change, America more progressive with pot.

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 457759

I finally found the link I was looking for. For my whole life Canada has been much more progressive with marijuana laws. Although it's illegal up here it's always been tolerated to some degree, especially in BC. People usually aren't charged with small possession amounts and they certainly don't go to jail. Back in 2003 our former Prime minister Jean Cretien attempted to decriminalize it and after discussions with US officials he backed off. Basically, they threatened Canada economically by warning that border security would slow things down.

"Both Walters and U.S. Ambassador Paul Cellucci have said a decriminalization program in Canada could lead to major slowdowns at border crossings as U.S. Customs and immigration officials would be more vigilant in searching for drug smugglers."

"I think they are feeling bullied and intimidated, especially with Cellucci and Walters being so strident and threatening," Nadelmann said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=79492&page=1

Today, America has several states who have legalized weed, while Canada is still waiting for our cuck Prime minister to get it done up here. Many Canadians never thought we would see this day.

I just thought this was interesting. Roughly 14 years ago America was trying to prevent Canada from mere decriminalization, and now they have several states who have legalized it.

Canada really hasn't been that progressive until recently. Other than a few crazy states that would lock you up for weed offences, the US and Canada have been more or less in line with criminalizing the drug.

Come April, Canada will basically be Amsterdam in terms of weed. We'll be totally legal, while the US is still muddling over state laws.

Don't spike the ball at the 10 yard line. We're going to be way ahead of you guys in a few months.

I finally found the link I was looking for. For my whole life Canada has been much more progressive with marijuana laws. Although it's illegal up here it's always been tolerated to some degree, especially in BC. People usually aren't charged with small possession amounts and they certainly don't go to jail. Back in 2003 our former Prime minister Jean Cretien attempted to decriminalize it and after discussions with US officials he backed off. Basically, they threatened Canada economically by warning that border security would slow things down.

"Both Walters and U.S. Ambassador Paul Cellucci have said a decriminalization program in Canada could lead to major slowdowns at border crossings as U.S. Customs and immigration officials would be more vigilant in searching for drug smugglers."

"I think they are feeling bullied and intimidated, especially with Cellucci and Walters being so strident and threatening," Nadelmann said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=79492&page=1

Today, America has several states who have legalized weed, while Canada is still waiting for our cuck Prime minister to get it done up here. Many Canadians never thought we would see this day.

I just thought this was interesting. Roughly 14 years ago America was trying to prevent Canada from mere decriminalization, and now they have several states who have legalized it.
I don't think its worth the law enforcement resources to keep it illegal (at least not in small amounts). Let people who want to smoke weed smoke it. We need the low wage work force.

Canada really hasn't been that progressive until recently. Other than a few crazy states that would lock you up for weed offences, the US and Canada have been more or less in line with criminalizing the drug.

Come April, Canada will basically be Amsterdam in terms of weed. We'll be totally legal, while the US is still muddling over state laws.

Don't spike the ball at the 10 yard line. We're going to be way ahead of you guys in a few months.

I'm hearing 2018 at the soonest. I have a buddy who was looking to get into the business and they paid like 400 bucks for an hour with one of the top lawyers involved in this industry, apparently that's what he said.

From what I understand Trudeau the cuck had no idea what he was getting into when he started running his mouth about legalization. International treaties aren't something you can just ignore, and because the liberals in this country are so federalist they don't like giving the provinces the power to do what they want so that's why we aren't where America is right now. Or something...

I'm hearing 2018 at the soonest. I have a buddy who was looking to get into the business and they paid like 400 bucks for an hour with one of the top lawyers involved in this industry, apparently that's what he said.

I won't say that isn't a possibility, but all I've heard is April 2017. Given the way that legalization has been pushed and reported, I don't see a scenario where they can backtrack on that promise. It's not like it's being contested too harshly by anyone that matters. Seems like a done deal.

Obviously there is still some red tape to work around, but all signs point to legalization

From what I understand Trudeau the cuck had no idea what he was getting into when he started running his mouth about legalization. International treaties aren't something you can just ignore, and because the liberals in this country are so federalist they don't like giving the provinces the power to do what they want so that's why we aren't where America is right now. Or something...

I see your trepidation in believing it, but this is one thing the supermodel PM will likely deliver on. The only real issue left is who will be able to sell it. The LCBO wants it, and they'll probably get it, but that's about the only hurdle that remains.

no, it wont. that is when legislation is introduced, then they gotta argue over it, let the provinces decide what they wanna do etc etc

so many ppl i know think in April the stores will be open and good to go lol this shit prob take 4 years.

meanwhile, ppl still being arrested for marijuana offenses. imo all those are on Trudeau's head. He didnt mind pumping ppl up pre election but he cant decriminilize while doing all this?? disgraceful. Such an easy thing to get right and he still cant.

I won't say that isn't a possibility, but all I've heard is April 2017. Given the way that legalization has been pushed and reported, I don't see a scenario where they can backtrack on that promise. It's not like it's being contested too harshly by anyone that matters. Seems like a done deal.

Obviously there is still some red tape to work around, but all signs point to legalization

I see your trepidation in believing it, but this is one thing the supermodel PM will likely deliver on. The only real issue left is who will be able to sell it. The LCBO wants it, and they'll probably get it, but that's about the only hurdle that remains.

I'm not skeptical that he will deliver on it, my hunch is that he delivers very close to the next election so he can use it for political gain.

I'm not skeptical that he will deliver on it, my hunch is that he delivers very close to the next election so he can use it for political gain.

that is exactly what will happen.

then he will hand the keys to a billion dollar industry to many of the same ppl who profited off of it being illegal.

hell, he put a man in charge of the whole thing who made a career of busting marijuana grows/dealers. Now Bill Blair is the go to guy?? LOL

no, it wont. that is when legislation is introduced, then they gotta argue over it, let the provinces decide what they wanna do etc etc

so many ppl i know think in April the stores will be open and good to go lol this shit prob take 4 years.

meanwhile, ppl still being arrested for marijuana offenses. imo all those are on Trudeau's head. He didnt mind pumping ppl up pre election but he cant decriminilize while doing all this?? disgraceful. Such an easy thing to get right and he still cant.

Sig bet?

i dont go sig bets. i would bet $ because its literally a sure thing. you havent done your research.

foolishness if you think its in April. they already said it wont be. they just released the report on it last week with many suggestions.

Then it has to be voted on, go thru the provinces etc etc. get the infrastructure to grow it, sell it etc etc that wont happen overnight.

Except no one can seem to agree on anything about how to do it.

I feel like they've taken a more libertarian view on it, like "Its not hurting anyone else, why should we stop it".

The more conservative view is that like weed is supposedly a "gateway" drug that leads to harder stuff, a "gateway" policy legalizing it would lead to harder drugs being legalized.

i dont go sig bets.

Don't give me this "I only do real life bets 'cause stuff" bullshit.

If you're so confident, you have nothing to lose. Sig bet? Or are you a chicken? Bawwwwk, bawk, bawk, bawwwk!

Tax $$$ from legal weed has been great
Hope ya'll get it soon as possible

That's one of the problems. Their experts are saying it shouldn't be sold anywhere that booze or smokes are sold. Which pretty much leaves private dispensaries.

Decriminalization pending legalization is the smart way to go imo.

that is exactly what will happen.

then he will hand the keys to a billion dollar industry to many of the same ppl who profited off of it being illegal.

hell, he put a man in charge of the whole thing who made a career of busting marijuana grows/dealers. Now Bill Blair is the go to guy?? LOL
Bill Blair in charge makes sense. He was put in charge of the Toronto Police to be a fucking yes man. Perfect political appointee.

DEA and local law enforcement agencies will fight legalization tooth and nails despite the public good that it does. These institutions that are supposed to protect the public is now actively prolonging harmful policies in hopes of maintaining their budget.

That's one of the problems. Their experts are saying it shouldn't be sold anywhere that booze or smokes are sold. Which pretty much leaves private dispensaries.

I appreciate your insight.

But I gotta know. Is @berimBOWLoh a....sissy mary who isn't willing to put his precious avatar on the line? Hmm?

Back