Time to let Louis CK be fully reinstated into show business IMO

You say "I keep" as if we interact on a regular basis. I never knew you existed before this morning. Every point I make destroys everything you have or will write. I win the internetz. It was easy, because your soft spot for sexual predators prevented you from forming more compelling points.

giphy.gif

She's not selling herself as a barometer. She's saying the accuser used to laugh at it but changed her tune now that she has something to gain.

That guy is looking to prove his point, lol

The clip got taken down. A guy recorded his set at a Long Island club called Governor's and put it on YT. Probably uploaded by others as well but my link is dead.

What's your thoughts on this Louie thing?

What's your thoughts on this Louie thing?
He's a fucking creep lol.

But he didn't do anything illegal, and as far as unethical, meh, it wasn't that much of a power imbalance sort of thing even though that's how it has been portrayed. He wasn't "Louie" Louis when that stuff happened, not really famous. He's getting ridiculously shit on, over the top. And if people want to start ragging him on the content of his jokes, they can fuck themselves aggressively. imo.

Cheers dude.

He's a fucking creep lol.

But he didn't do anything illegal, and as far as unethical, meh, it wasn't that much of a power imbalance sort of thing even though that's how it has been portrayed. He wasn't "Louie" Louis when that stuff happened, not really famous. He's getting ridiculously shit on, over the top. And if people want to start ragging him on the content of his jokes, they can fuck themselves aggressively. imo.

Cheers dude.

Just curious what you thought. I echo your sentiment. Some of the posts in here are ridiculous, lol.

Hope you're doing well, buddy.

If someone richer, more powerful than you, with the keys to the kingdom asks you for consent to do something offensive, it's not actually a question, it's a command.

He can get any comedian lesser known than myself banned from any comedy club (which by the way can help the right comedian generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in income), deny them a movie audition, prevent them from touring, doing commercials/ads, get their agent to drop them, etc. the threat is implied. and there is a reason why he didn't start doing this shit until he was famous. he knew he had the power to get away with it.

how would you feel if i was the boss or at least higher up of your mother, sister or daughter and when they showed up for work, i asked if they would watch me jack off. in what world, does any well-adjusted woman really want to see that in their workplace?

CK is a piece of shit.

I don't care how rich someone is or if they can fuck with my career. I'm not watching them jerk off.

Here's what she failed to tell you. CK got Bonnie jobs on shows where he served as writer and/or producer. And God sake, she's married to fucking Rich Vos. She's not a good barometer for what women think is appropriate. She married the 50-year old version of the guy who puts the date rape drug in drinks at house parties.

<puh-lease75>

Umm I'm not sure what your point is. It has nothing to do with what Bonnie thinks is appropriate, the actual "victims" were laughing about it.

Umm I'm not sure what your point is. It has nothing to do with what Bonnie thinks is appropriate, the actual "victims" were laughing about it.
Bonnie claims the victims were laughing about it. You need to take her word for it. The chick who is a perennial subordinate of CK.

Bonnie claims the victims were laughing about it. You need to take her word for it. The chick who is a perennial subordinate of CK.
The point is don't take anyone's word for it. Bonnie's testimony is just one piece of evidence to consider.

You say "I keep" as if we interact on a regular basis. I never knew you existed before this morning. Every point I make destroys everything you have or will write. I win the internetz. It was easy, because your soft spot for sexual predators prevented you from forming more compelling points.
@Bob Gray
rob-lowe_parks-and-recreation.gif

The point is don't take anyone's word for it. Bonnie's testimony is just one piece of evidence to consider.
  1. it's not testimony, if it's not in court.
  2. it's not evidence, if it's hearsay.
  3. it's not reliable, if it's stated by someone who relies on the accused for income.

1. it's not testimony, if it's not in court.
  2. it's not evidence, if it's hearsay.
  3. it's not reliable, if it's stated by someone who relies on the accused for income.
1. Then there's no testimony
2. Testimony is evidence so I guess there's none of that either
3. No testimony is reliable but you can be asked to testify against your boss

Ummm perennial subordinate of CK? You don't know what you're talking about - Bonnie has smashed Louis plenty of times over it, even in the clip I posted. Saying that her and the victims laughed about it was like the only thing she's said about the situation that could kind of be positive towards Louie.

Ummm perennial subordinate of CK? You don't know what you're talking about - Bonnie has smashed Louis plenty of times over it, even in the clip I posted. Saying that her and the victims laughed about it was like the only thing she's said about the situation that could kind of be positive towards Louie.

And we are talking about female comics that make a living off of being offensive. They aren’t your typical barometer for what is offensive anyway. I can totally see them laughing at it and wanting to use it in their act. All anyone had to do was say no, plenty did. The guy is a sexual pervert, but didn’t do anything illegal.

Not sure why you mention me. I already responded. There’s not much else to say. You either don’t understand what I’m saying or refuse to listen. Like I have to explain to you the context of “keep” means in reference to this thread. Not anything that happened yesterday or before. That should be obvious, but for some reason you don’t understand it.

Everything else is just ad hominem attacks to avoid having to form a relevant response.

Lots of misinformation being spread in this thread. I've been following this story very closely ever since it broke. Allow me to clear up fact from fiction:

This is the original article that broke the story wide open:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html

This is super important, because the NY Times has some credibility (compared to most online news sources anyway). AND Louis CK admitted that the stories told in THIS particular article were true.

We usually end up in a kind of he said/she said situation and don't know who to believe. But here we have victims and perpetrator BOTH CONFIRMING THE FACTS of what happened. And yet, so many people are still getting the facts wrong when talking about this story.

I highly encourage anyone interested to read the article. However, this is sherdog, so here are the cliffs:

1. Two female comedians were invited to his hotel room. He asked for consent. They neither gave, nor denied consent. Instead, they laughed, because they thought he was joking. They stayed until he finished, then left. He never blocked the door. They told friends about the incident and supposedly Louis' manager asked them to stop talking about it. They feared the manager because he was powerful in the industry.

2. Woman calls Louis to invite him to her show. He started talking about his fantasies and jacking it. She admits she stayed on the phone for several minutes, saying she was in shock and not sure how to end it.

3. Rebecca Corry was working with Louis on a TV show when he asked her if he could jack it in front of her. She said no, so he didn't.

4. An anonymous accuser who worked on the Chris Rock show with Louis in the 90's said that he asked her if he could jack it in front of her and she said yes, but later questioned his behavior.

5. Louis released this statement, expressing regret, taking responsibility, and admitting exactly what he did.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/arts/television/louis-ck-statement.html

And here's the important part. The victims never disputed Louie's claims. So again, everyone agrees on the facts of the case.

6. Later, comedian Sarah Silverman admitted that Louie had asked her if she would watch him pleasure himself. Sometimes she said yes, sometimes she said no. She was fine with it and they are still friends, even though she doesn't approve of what he did to those other women. She said she "loves the person, but hates what he did"

Back