Time to get on track

IceColdPitbull

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I finally decided it was time to join Sherdog and start one of these(if you're wondering about my username it's a combination of my current favorite fighters nickname and my own)

A little about myself: I'm eighteen years old and I just graduated high school this June, I live in Nova Scotia,Canada and I'm 5'5 and 148 pounds. I boxed for two years and than started training MMA(Mostly BJJ mixed with some stand up sparring, where I did learn a lot and became my own fighter sort of) and I've been doing that on and off for two years and I took this summer off and am now starting back up tomorrow.

Why am I starting a log?: Well, I really wanna find a way to keep on top of things really and I like meeting and chatting with new people as well. Also, I would love to get advice and opinions on things and what not from various people.

My goal: I would like to put on some muscle mass and get stronger, as well as get in way better shape cardio wise. I want to weigh around 175-180 pounds by this time next year if possible. I also would like to start fighting, amateur at first of course. In the 145 or 155 divisions.

Well, I know this isn't as well written as over training log intros and what not but oh well, I tried my best haha.

Welcome to the logs! Whats your weight training like? if you wanna get bigger and stronger give the FAQ a read and do a 5x5 routine or give Starting Strength a ago and oh yeah eat alot of pizza :icon_twis

Good Luck!

My weight training is sadly very inconsistent, I always start off with the best intentions but am always worried I am not doing enough and sometimes I am my own worst enemy and get embarrassed about how "weak" I perceive my self to be when I compare myself to others.

My weight training is sadly very inconsistent, I always start off with the best intentions but am always worried I am not doing enough and sometimes I am my own worst enemy and get embarrassed about how "weak" I perceive my self to be when I compare myself to others.

You gotta sort that out! give the FAQ a read it has aload of stuff in there which will help you alot and who cares how weak you are we all gotta start off somewhere the strength will come with time just stick at it pal!

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I'll check out the FAQ and my first log will be up tomorrow.

Good stuff dude ill keep an eye out for your log! Welcome to the world of Squat and Deadlifts!!

September 7th 2010:

Went for a thirty minute jog during my lunch break today, felt pretty good considering it has been months since I've jogged anywhere. Felt motivated for the first time in a long time as well, so that's a plus, I'll probably go for another one tomorrow.

First BJJ Class after taking the summer off:

It was good, did some wrestling take downs and guard passes, didn't do so well rolling and was kind of down on myself but I decided that I would use that to motivate rather than discourage me this time around. Also felt good during the warm up. May be going to one of the coaches houses to train tomorrow. Also thinking about stopping into the YMCA and do some weight training.

Back