Time for Rosi Sexton to Retire???

She's educated to a level almost no pro fighters are. Her exceptional intellect coupled with her athletic accomplishments should guarantee her a career anyway, so it should be an easy enough decision.

There was a time whan she was P4P Top 5 in women`s MMA. But age catches up to everybody eventually and in this case, Rosi is clearly at the tail end of her career. She was never the same after the Zoila KO...just like Zoila was never the same after Jessica put her to sleep. I`ve always enjoyed watching Rosi fight, but it may be time to call it a career.

Jarl

With all due respect, has any other female fighter been KOed on the feet as many times as Rosi has? 3 times seems a lot in WMMA.

With all due respect, has any other female fighter been KOed on the feet as many times as Rosi has? 3 times seems a lot in WMMA.
I don't have the time to look through the entire history of WMMA but as far as I remember no, nobody has been KO'ed on the feet as much as Rosi Sexton. Also there is the Andrade fight which is probably a tie with Cyborg vs Finney for the worst beating ever witnessed in WMMA.

I don't have the time to look through the entire history of WMMA but as far as I remember no, nobody has been KO'ed on the feet as much as Rosi Sexton. Also there is the Andrade fight which is probably a tie with Cyborg vs Finney for the worst beating ever witnessed in WMMA.

Just out of curiosity I checked fightmetric for both fights and Jessica actually hit Rosi with 206 significant strikes in 3 rounds, while Cyborg hit 89 significant strikes during the bout.

I think its going to be awhile before another girl beats her record in most significant strikes in a 3 round bout and in a single round (91 in R2)

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/c5d5dcd8a5f2ee7b
http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/5364d1537fc7d5aa

Anyone have a gif?

9GMqSO.gif

The best I was able to do, there's the entire fight on YT ma no free site (afaik) that let you make a gif that last more than 5 seconds without the need to download it and upload it somewhere else.

EDIT:

Hard to find another one that has 3 clean KO losses in her record, maybe there's but we've to dig into FightFinder.

Jan Finney has 2 clean KOs + 2 TKOs, the last 3 bouts were all losses with 2 KOs and 1 TKO.

Suzy "The Showstopper" Smith is 2-2 in all her career with the 2 losses been clean KOs.

Last edited:
[YT]OatR7BFIizU[/YT]

9GMqSO.gif

The best I was able to do, there's the entire fight on YT ma no free site (afaik) that let you make a gif that last more than 5 seconds without the need to download it and upload it somewhere else.

EDIT:

Hard to find another one that has 3 clean KO losses in her record, maybe there's but we've to dig into FightFinder.

Jan Finney has 2 clean KOs + 2 TKOs, the last 3 bouts were all losses with 2 KOs and 1 TKO.

Suzy "The Showstopper" Smith is 2-2 in all her career with the 2 losses been clean KOs.

if kedzie has managed to finish tate with that wicked head kick, miesha would be in the "a few brutal ko / tko" club. not a good club to be a member of. :icon_sad:

She has very little footwork, basically no head movement with 0 power.

Not a good combo, even in WMMA. She's basically a punching bag at this point of her career and her fight with Andrade was tough to watch. She's an extremely educated person whos a pioneer and she should become a coach

She has very little footwork, basically no head movement with 0 power.

Not a good combo, even in WMMA. She's basically a punching bag at this point of her career and her fight with Andrade was tough to watch. She's an extremely educated person whos a pioneer and she should become a coach
Even during Rosi Sexton's prime she had very little footwork, basically no head movement with 0 power. Now she's 36 and much slower, weaker and with ever mounting injuries. At this point she is going to be little more than a punching bag for anybody who can even throw a punch at any weightclass. Rosi seriously needs to call it a career before she becomes one of these athletes who people thought was great at one time but now feel sorry for because they just don't know when to quit.

She's 36 years old and has been in the game for 12 years mate, changes are difficult to happen under circumstances like that.

Yes, I completely agree. They are difficult but not impossible. It's just a matter of how bad she wants it and how honest she is with herself.

Back