Time for Rosi Sexton to Retire???

58miles

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Rosi Sexton is 36, has neck problems and in Rosi's last three fights she gets beat up by Alexis Davis, is on the receiving end of one of the worst beatings ever witnessed in WMMA against Jessica Andrade and now gets the brakes beat off her and KO'ed by by Joanna Jedrzejczyk all while looking slower and slower in each fight and offering little in the way of real offense or having any realistic chance of winning any of those fights. Is it not time for Rosi Sexton to retire?

i love her as much as anyone, and i don't want to see her continue to take damage. she's just not fast enough to keep up with these younger fighters. :icon_sad:

Doesn't she have a PhD in Computer Science or something? It's going to be worthless if she doesn't have any brain cells left when she retires.

Doesn't she have a PhD in Theoretical Computer Science? Man, I'm struggling to get a Bachelors in Computer Science. She should just find a nice job and swim in cash.

That beating Rosi took against Andrade was essentially the end of her career. The worst part of it was her corner just stood there did nothing, just let that beating happen and I think her entire corner should have been lined up and shot for that.

I can understand she loves this sport, and that's the reason we still c this pioneer fighting since 2002 if I'm right with her first pro bout date ...

but I think is really time, like TS said she's too slow even for BWs and in her correct division (FLW or SW) she's so predictable ...
she's coming from 3 beatdowns, against Andrade she ate 206 strikes (maybe a record? dunno) and CWFC paired her with a top prospect that knows how to strikes violently.

I would prefer to c her retiring in a Cage Warriors bout against an affordable opponent, preferably a grappler, maybe one of those inexperienced girls from Southern Europe they signed in 2013.

Imo she didn't do too bad against Alexis, considering she's not really a 135er.
The fight vs Andrade on the other hand... but even there I don't think it was as bad as Rogan made it sound.
Haven't seen her latest fight. yet

I guess she's in a kinda similar situation as Roxy. Veteran, but not nearly athletic enough to keep up with most of the "new" fighters.

She's been done since she lost to fraudo. Her entire style of fighting seemed to change after that. Where the fuck did her grappling go?

Frodo?

Anyone have any gifs of the KO from saturday?

I think he means Zoila Frausto Gurgel

sYkPQb.gif

I think moving up in weight really is effecting her fighting she was a beast and fighting women who are bigger and physically stronger doesn't help

She's been done for a long time. She just shows up for a beating now.

9GMqSO.gif

this one is better timed
somebody else hopefully will do a better one

I think what she needs to do is take care of her body and adapt. If the fighters are too fast for her then she needs to work on her stand up timing and grappling. Get the fight to where speed is not such a big factor. A change in her training team might be a benefit too.

the way she was throwing hammerfists, if she stood on top of a big hill she could probably throw a tennis ball into orbit

I think what she needs to do is take care of her body and adapt. If the fighters are too fast for her then she needs to work on her stand up timing and grappling. Get the fight to where speed is not such a big factor. A change in her training team might be a benefit too.

She's 36 years old and has been in the game for 12 years mate, changes are difficult to happen under circumstances like that.

didn't knew Rosi also works as an osteopath at the Combat Sports Clinic in Liverpool.

She really loves this sport. One more Cage Warriors fight in Liverpool against an affordable opponent should be the best for her.

Back