Time for a new gi

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by rts671, Jul 20, 2010.

1. rts671

rts671 Yellow Belt

Having my Batch 6 Shoyoroll for 6 months now and rolling in it every single session since I got it it's about time for another gi.
    Since the new Batch Shoyoroll don't start the preorders anytime soon I'm looking to get another gi for the mean time.
    My top 2 options at the moment is the Gameness Feather and the Manto Single Weave Gi. What do you guys think I should settle for? What are some other suggestions?
    My ideal price range would be nothing more than $180
    Thanks for any input guys.

2. AboveThisFire

AboveThisFire Green Belt

Manto single weave is comfortable and well made, it's good for a slimmer fit.

3. Foblander

Foblander Orange Belt

Fuji Victory single weave? Nice quality for the price. They just released the lightweight version if you are looking into something lighter. I like that they are more fitted.

Heard good things about Fushida. Probably my next purchase if I decide against Shoyoroll. I'm leaning towards the smarter look of a Fushida more and more and less and less for the Shoyoroll with the fancy stitchings. sigh we'll see.

4. risingD

risingD Guest

Sinister Brand Kimonos...

The best I've ever owned!

Great Cut, Great Weave!

5. esum80

esum80 แทงเข่าขวา

bought a sinister gi yesterday as well, i'd recommend looking into them.

6. ohmalley

ohmalley Blue Belt

manto's are alright. they run a bit big so it's good if you're stocky. and the pants are HUGE. i tossed them ages ago, they were ridiculous (i have an A1). kind of a boxy cut. a good solid gi tho there are others i like better (it used to be my favorite before i bought my syr and tried on a ouano). if 180 is your cut-off, the world is pretty wide open to you. atama, ouano, koral, keiko, fushida and fuji all have solid offerings in that range. OTM just released a 2lb super light weight as well. i haven't tried one out yet but it looks promising. the OTM gi's i've tried (lucky and standard OTM goldweave) are pretty fitted. basically, i'd say get whatever you like. aside from some of the ultralite's that stretch like silly putty (vulcan) you kinda can't go wrong. but it's all very subjective!

7. ShindoNinja

ShindoNinja faixa marrom

Love my Fushida Komodo. I'm 6'1", 185 and the A2X fits perfect.

8. rts671

rts671 Yellow Belt

Thanks for the input guys!!
    Looks like I'm in a dilemma between the Gameness Feather and the Sinister Pearl Weave. What do you guys think would be a smarter choice?

Also, how is Mmaoverload? Should I chance it with them?

9. risingD

risingD Guest

I ve ordered on mmaoverload the sinister gi and a pair of clinch gear shorts I live in europe within 7 days I received my gear!

10. Easto

Easto Green Belt