Tim Sylvia not cleared by Mohegan Commission to fight last night.

Hmmm, I would not mind see a list of his daily diet.
Must be an interesting read.

what team was Timmah with? Did nobody tell him he was getting fat?
Some friends..

Breakfast
773017034ade0f3965a1a.jpg

Lunch
710679694b267480caa83.jpg

Dinner
11042767244ceaaa8e71a82.jpg

Beadtime snack
Tim-Sylvia-Turkey.jpg

Seriously when I read this on sat night i misread it and thought he weighed in at 271, I thought it odd that they wouldn't let him fight over 6 pounds. 106 makes a lot more sense.

Seriously when I read this on sat night i misread it and thought he weighed in at 271, I thought it odd that they wouldn't let him fight over 6 pounds. 106 makes a lot more sense.

All i can imagine is the look on lorenzo fertitas face if a hw missed weight in the ufc by 100 pounds now

I don't know how to feel about this. Timmy was a very dangerous UFC champ for a while there. Not the most fancy striker, or the fighter with the scariest look, but he got the job done and held his belt for a while there. Sorry to see he's not getting cleared to fight, because I'd love to see him KO a few up-and-comers from a foot or two away from whatever distance they can hit him back.

He needs to lose done weight. Really looks like a big ass. How did he ever make it to heavyweight before.

Not sure if this has been posted, but the reason for his lack of clearance to fight doesn't seem to have anything to do with his weight.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fo...im-Sylvia-Announces-Retirement-From-MMA-79833

Every fighter that turns 40 years old in any combat sport is required to provide an expanded battery of tests including an MRI and a stress test,” Mazzulli wrote. “Our neurologist, Dr. Tony Alessi, informed me that one of the test results Tim submitted was problematic. This does not preclude him from fighting in the future, but he will have to be cleared by a doctor before doing so."

Tim Sylvia is 38 years old though, at least according to Fight Finder.

Exactly. This is exactly why there is a weight limit. Tim looks like garbage when he fights SHW. I thought he looked like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man when he would come in over 300. 371 is just ridiculous. Fighting 265 forced him to be in shape to make weight. Fighting SHW just allows him to come in however.

Sort of off topic, but if a guy like Chris Barnett would commit to fighting at HW instead of SHW, he could probably get into a big promotion. There are probably others. The weight limit at least gets guys in reasonable shape. A lot of the guys who fight SHW just come in weighing whatever. For the people who want the HW limit lifted, this is why it will/should never happen.

So, to accommodate those who lack the self-control to stay in shape, we have to watch compromised versions of guys like Bigfoot Silva. Sounds like nanny state thinking to me; making rules to protect the dumbest segment of the population at the expense of others.

Which current UFC heavyweights do you believe would fatten up and come in over 265 if there was no weight limit? If those guys can fight better with more weight, I want to see it. If not, it should be on them to get their shit together.

What is with this topic and people think being fat means instant death? 300+ pound people make up the bulk of NFL athletes and I don't see them dying in the middle of the field.

Get your Euro shit out of here.

Uhhh lots of those guys die in their late 40's and early 50's.

He asks why people "hate" him...it's not that it's just crap man you show up looking like the state puff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back