Tim Sylvia is listed on the UFC.com roster again...Hall of Fame???

Timmeh deserves to be in the UFC HoF more than the T-shirt guy... In fact, my first sherdog account was banned after the T-shirt guy died because I said, "You shouldn't drink and drive."

Tim Sylvia is easily the most hated fighter of all time. For really no reason other then people will no life being jealous of someone who actually get's off there ass and does something.

I was a fan...not goober taylor level, but I still likes him. I think I liked him because like you said, no one likes him and had no reason

Steve08 said:
Well, speaking in very literal terms, Tim had 3 cumulative title defenses whereas Cain only has two.
Timmeh also leads Cain in title losses. :cool:

Too bad he got so big. I recall he was pretty big as a kid and he took a lot of pride in his getting in shape and being fit. I also recall he was baffled by Dana's slandering of him. I think that's the first time I ever felt bad for Big Tim.

There are retired non HOF fighters on the UFC webpage. They just added him because he retired and isn't with any other organization anymore

I'll leave this here. In case anyone's interested:

New Tim interview with Ariel.

I enjoyed the career retrospective article sherdog did on him today. was nicely done and fairly sympathetic.

I can't say I was a fan but big tim took way too much abuse around here when he was champ.

He deserves it if it does happen, ppl forget how well he did for awhile there and his accomplishments

he's back

sylvia-fatty-fat-crop.png
206lsh0.jpg

I enjoyed the career retrospective article sherdog did on him today. was nicely done and fairly sympathetic.

I can't say I was a fan but big tim took way too much abuse around here when he was champ.
He was a terrible champ. Jab plod jab plod jab plod jab plod jab plod . . . never has a fighter fought safe not-to-lose fights to the degree Sylvia did after he won the belt. Randy rightfully called him out on it before their fight.

CroCop isn't on the roster list.

And regarding Cain....obviously Cain is a much better fighter and would have destroyed Timmeh past or present... so would 90% of todays UFC heavyweights. That's not the point.

The point is that Big Tim has a case for being one of the Top 3 heavies based on ACCOMPLISHMENT. 2x champ, tied for defending belt most consecutive times. I'm struggling to think who else you would put in the (heavyweight) HOF other than Couture, Cain and Lesnar. Maybe Mir???

HOF has a guy wearing face paint in it, I think Tim makes it.

Tim smashed Ricco right around the time Ricco easily beat Nog in Pride (I realize that isn't how the "pride judges" decision worked out).

"At the time" he was a monster and very effective.

Hughes, then Miletich. Maybe they want a Miletich wing in their Hall of Fame.

Back