Tim Means One Angry Bird

birkinparker

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Means, letting some frustration out in post-fight interview, made some valid points. I agree with him as a fight fan that the current rules suck. His knees were beautifully timed as he caught Cowboy in transition. A fighter shouldn't be able to game the rules while in transition, though to be fair Cowboy didn't appear to be doing so. Should have been a TKO victory in Means' favor, IMO. It seems even the commentators and officials agreed that Means' offense was appropriate during the final exchange.
It sucks to hear how strapped these fighters are for cash as well. I know he's making some money, but this is a young man's game. So much of their purse money goes to supporting the teams that build these guys as well. Retirement is never very far away in this game. Tough break for such a badass fighter as Means and others like him.
I sincerely hope he gets his win bonus and already can't wait to see this guy fight again. A violent technician--what more could you ask for?

Agreed. The rules are fucking lame. If that's a downed opponent, that's a pussy ass interpretation of it. Means was going to win that fight either way. Time to give him the other Cowboy.

Agreed. The rules are fucking lame. If that's a downed opponent, that's a pussy ass interpretation of it. Means was going to win that fight either way. Time to give him the other Cowboy.
I don't think Cerrone would take this fight at this moment, but what a scrap that would be.

Back