tim means getting screwed.....

What's the difference in terms of damage if the dude is squatting on the feet? I mean I think he milked that rule cuz if he was bent over and took that knee he wouldn't have reacted like he did. Am I wrong saging this? I just hate seeing dudes fuckin milk these dumb rules

Yeah this is the new rules. But apparently now its just the ref's call. We have three different refs giving three different opinions. I guess big John is the opinion that matters the most. Still what a waste.
this is a long standing rule and it is clear though

this is a long standing rule and it is clear though
Then why all of the confusion. You used to have one hand down. Then they switched to the three points system. Someone made a good point in another thread in that a foot a knee and a foot is three points technically.

That was a fucking downed opponent, are you stupid?

that's 3 points. knee foot and the other foot (toes)

but oliveira milked it

I don't think you can count multiple points on the same leg. It's either a knee or a foot being counted as a "point", not both.

I don't think you can count multiple points on the same leg. It's either a knee or a foot being counted as a "point", not both.
pretty sure I saw a big john video that talk the opposite of that

but I think he will tweet later about this fight and talk about the rule

He actually said nothing else would change other then 2 hands, which means this is and will still be Illegal to hit someone with a knee to head if they are on their knee

If that were the case you wouldn't need a hand down in the first place, no? I can't see a way in which you could have your knee down without also having your foot down on that same leg.

If that were the case you wouldn't need a hand down in the first place, no? I can't see a way in which you could have your knee down without also having your foot down on that same leg.
yeah, that's right

going to wait for his tweet, regardless

If any part of the body besides the soles of feet are touching the mat you are down. That's the simplest I can explain it but if that don;t do I'll go further.
Emphasis mine.

So, what if one foot and one knee is down, and nothing else? That's one sole, and not two soles.

Bullshit bureaucracy. Don't even care for the specifics, having you hands on the ground rule should be enough of watering down the sport.

Back