Tim Means fighting style?

I would say he has a pretty fan friendly style.

He's an aggressive striker with heavy shots. Likes to keep it in reach of his Muay Thai and such. Kind of a Matt Brown-lite with his style.

He's a fighter that will try to trade elbows with Matt Brown.

Is Means a point fighter lol, come on...

An aggressive pressure fighter who seems to swarm once he's hurt someone. Look up his Justin Salas fight if you can

Matt Brownesque is his arsenal, Joe.

Nasty striker.

He would have absolutely wrecked Cowboy standing if that fight had gone down. On the ground could be a different story. He beat Magny and Masvidal standing but lost to both due to being taken down and controlled if that tells you anything.

A more timid and less agressive version of Jared Rosholt. Sort of.

He would have absolutely wrecked Cowboy standing if that fight had gone down. On the ground could be a different story. He beat Magny and Masvidal standing but lost to both due to being taken down and controlled if that tells you anything.
Has this newcomer any chance of beating him?

I might be alone on this, but I find him to be very similar stylistically to Cerrone. He's a guy who entered the UFC with solid submissions and aggressive stand up but poor takedown defense. His takedown defense looked much improved in his win against George Sullivan. He has nasty elbows and a solid chin. I don't find him to be at Cerrone's level on the ground but he's a very entertaining fighter whom has benefited from fighting with a smarter gameplan in my opinion.

Means is a scrappy thai stylist, fun to watch. His fight with Brown was cool as fuck

Back