Tim Lajcik - all the skill but couldn't put it together

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When Tim Lajcik was first coming up people who knew of him raved about him.

Dominant with wrestling and (supposedly) legit boxing skill.
A newer breed of multi talented fighters.
And looked damn imposing too.

The highlight videos of him looked good. Willing to stand and punch. Throwing tight, sharp punches too (opposed to guys like Eugene Jackson who looped their hooks so wide to scrape horizons on either side).

The kind of fighter the UFC was hoping for at the time. But aside from a few exciting exchanges in his UFC fights it was mostly a letdown. The best he obtained in the UFC was a draw. Losses make flimsy laurels to rest on.... and the 'new breed' Lajcik left the UFC without a win.

But this video includes some of those highlights that got fans excited. Back then it was easy to forget that its not as hard to look good against unproven competition. (Back then? Hell, it happened with Rousey too).

The highlight videos of him looked good. Willing to stand and punch. Throwing tight, sharp punches too (opposed to guys like Eugene Wolf who looped their hooks so wide to scrape horizons on either side).

The kind of fighter the UFC was hoping for at the time. But aside from a few exciting exchanges in his UFC fights it was mostly a letdown. The best he obtained in the UFC was a draw. Losses make flimsy laurels to rest on.... and the 'new breed' Lajcik left the UFC without a win.

But this video includes some of those highlights that got fans excited. Back then it was easy to forget that its not as hard to look good against unproven competition. (Back then? Hell, it happened with Rousey too).

I don't even remember this guy... yeah, he looked pretty decent in the highlight video you posted.

I only remember him fighting Monson and never really thought about him afterwards. I don't recall people hyping him up back then either.

A wrestler that could box, ahead of his time. And Jesus talk about imposing figure.

method=get&s=lajcik-tim.jpg

Last edited:
His character sucked in the first UFC game.

I only remember him fighting Monson and never really thought about him afterwards. I don't recall people hyping him up back then either.

Well the hyping didn't last long considering he was unsuccessful in the UFC.

But he was getting hype.

The highlight videos of him looked good. Willing to stand and punch. Throwing tight, sharp punches too (opposed to guys like Eugene Jackson who looped their hooks so wide to scrape horizons on either side).

B4 UFC, @ IFC WC 2, he did beat Eugene who was kindah hyped, but obviously undersized...

Badmouthin´ 'The Wolf', uh?

Eugene combo.gif

Back