Tim Kennedy's response to Mousisa.

Mousasi wont lose this fight. ez win!

the idea of watching kennedy try to fight any top-ranked fighter fills me with dread. We all know what his gameplan will be and it will most likely be boring as hell to watch.

Amazing how people still underestimate Kennedy.

An amazing fighter vs. the #1 guy at preventing a fight from happening, yeah that will be an interesting fight.... not. (And if it turns out to be by some miracle, it definetly wont be kennedys fault)

Make it happen.

Kennedy has really managed to make me hate him.

I hate Kennedy, love Mousasi...but this is a bad matchup for Mousasi.

King Mo was able to hold Mousasi down for 5, and after what Kennedy did to Bisping (who usually has top notch TDD)....I could see him doing that to Gegard as well.

Kennedy is a poor man's Sonnen.

Looking forward to him being forgotten.

Nah. Roger Gracie would have submitted Sonnen. Sonnen is actually a poor man's Kennedy IMO.

And Kennedy is a bad matchup for Mousasi. Similar to Mo though I thought Mousasi should have won for damage on bottom being greater than damage from top. Would definitely be a stiff LNP test for Mousasi either way.

why would Mousasi fight a lower level fighter? there is no upside in this for him.

Kennedy is a tough match-up for him, he's got the stamina to rack up points from top position while staying away from subs.

Mousasi has a chance, but he'd need to grapple well, he would get taken down. His wrestling has improved, but Munoz isn't the best guy to demonstrate improvement there (he did well against OSP & Latifi, but Kennedy's a tougher fight).

Mousasi just ragdolled a wrestler and smashed him.

Kennedy will be no problem.

Kennedy gets a lot of hate and dismissal of his skillset from people who just don't like his personality.

Kennedy has some of the best tools to beat Moose, especially in a 3 round fight. It would probably not be the most fan friendly fight though.

Kennedy impressed the shit out of me against Bisping. If Mo was able to hold Moose down, I'm pretty sure Kennedy could too.
So because a LHW with an extensive wrestling background was able to takedown Mousasi 4 years ago you think Kennedy can do so? Maybe he can, maybe he can't but you're reaching here.
Many of the same anti-military assclowns posting who thought Bisping would beat Kennedy with great TDD, boxing and cardio. We see how that went, Kennedy would make this a very competitive fight, 50/50 toss up.
The Kennedy hate is mostly because he comes off as an arrogant asshole. I don't think I've ever seen a poster trash Brian Stann and yet Kennedy gets a lot of hate. Some let the military thing influence their opinions but most don't.
Tim Kennedy has never said anything that hasn't left me liking him even less yet he still gets quoted a lot. He can be somewhat entertaining in the cage depending on the fight but I really wish he would just keep his mouth shut for a while. I know these guys have to promote themselves and try to hype up fights to get them and am fine with that. But he just comes off as a guy who is a whiny dick that is way more arrogant than he should be.

I am one of the biggest supported of fighters getting paid more and he managed to be unlikeable to me even in that. It was like he was looking down on garbage men and he had a pretty decent contract for all that dramatic self-pity.

Idk. Guy just irritates me for some reason.
Same here, just really hard to like. I think Rockhold vs Mousasi would be a more competitive and entertaining fight but I think Mousasi would finish Kennedy, especially in a 5 rounder, so I would okay with this fight as well.
He did just fight a wrestler, and he made him look like an amateur
Seriously, its like half the posters ITT missed the Munoz fight. Munoz is hardly an elite MMA wrestler but he looked like a high school wreslter with a blue belt in there.
I can see Kennedy winning this fight he fairly easily beat Michael bisping
Bisping was coming off a long lay off, surgery, and he has a completely different, an inferior IMO, skill set to Mousasi. Kennedy looked good in that fight but he'll need to bring more than what he did that night to make a competitive fight against Mousasi.

Back