Tim Kennedy Wants to fight Anderson Silva in Dallas

Why would the UFC want to do something like this? Kennedy recently lost and it's not like he's a popular guy, not even on sherdog where people are more hardcore than in general. Anderson should either get a top ranked opponent, or another old guy in legend vs legend fun fights. I'd like to see him against Henderson, Shogun, Cung Le or someone like Bisping, Romero. Why Kennedy? It makes zero sense.

Tim Kennedy only talks shit about the UFC. I don't see them doing him any favors.

I have Tim winning very quickly... sorry I meant whining very quickly.

I read the first part of your comment and went :eek:...then read the second part of your comment and went :icon_chee

Everyone wants him when he's beatable. Just a name o the resume.
Beating Anderson now is meaningless. Let's get Silva a fight fans want to see.

I'm a Anderson fan and honestly I can't even think of a fighter I would like to see him fight, definitely not a no name. If not the count then Kennedy isn't bad.

The fight would not be fair, Kennedy would destroy a clean Anderson. I don't want to see Anderson get hurt.

His style isn't going to make it easy for Anderson

Isn't Timmy the one that always complains about PEDs? Now he wants the poster boy of it in the UFC?

Beat me to it but i think he also wanted to teach Belfort a lesson so it could be a matter of taking out these Cheats

This is one of those situations where an all time great is on the down side of their career. So now every fighter wants to fight that person just so they can say they beat him. While leaving out the fact that they just beat a 40 year old man.

Anderson should retire if he doesn't want to fight.

Stop making excuses for him.

Kennedy gets no love around here. I understand people don't like his grinding style, but I think even that is a bit of a misnomer. Kennedy has a smothering style. Of his wins, only 22% have come by decision...To compare, A. Silva has a decision rate of 24% in his wins. Cormier has a 31% decision rate. GSP has a decision rate of 48% in his wins.

In fact, the only male UFC champions with a decision rate in victory LOWER than Kennedy are Werdum (20%) and Lawler (19%). Yup...Kennedy finishes more of his wins than DC, Weidman, Dos Anjos, Aldo, Dillashaw, and Mighty Mouse.

But Kennedy is boring...

Don't you know unpopular fighters can't be good, they get their powers from their popularity...

Dallas wont happen so he'll have to do it somewhere else. But at this point, I doubt Anderson would take that fight

Anderson should retire if he doesn't want to fight.

Stop making excuses for him.

Excuses for what? Theres nothing to make an excuse for. Nothing has even happened. I'm just stating the obvious. Everyone wants to have a win over Anderson and since he's clearly on the down side of his career this is the perfect time.

Exactly. Funny how no one in any division wanted anything to do with him a few years ago, and now all of suddene everyone calls him out lol

I don't think that's really the case. A few years ago, he was the champion. A guy with one or two fights in the UFC would have no right/reason to call out the champion. Now that he's not the champ, the availability to fight him is there for a much broader range of fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back