Tim Kennedy vs Rashad Evans-Kennedys comments

Joeythewho

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Kennedy said the next fight in the works is a huge fight and after that no one would be able to question that he should be champion. I thought it was Romero rematch, maybe Jacare, Rockhold or Weidman.

How does fighting Rashad set him up to be viewed as the uncrowned champ seeing how flip floppy he's been?

"After this fight, you can’t say that I shouldn’t be the champion. The details of that have to wait for the UFC to tell you when, where and who. But I’m telling you, I’m fighting.”

“It’s going to be big,” he said. “Hopefully, Michael Bisping will stay the champ. If he beats Dan Henderson, he has no choice but to defend his title against me; I was the last guy to beat the breaks off him.”
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tim-...ns-vs-tim-kennedy-historic-pay-per-view-card/

Ya, I was confused as well.

Thought it was gonna be Anderson.

At this point in time a win over Rashad doesn't mean that much anymore (no disrespect to Rashad, big fan).

Kennedy is just trying to hype the fight up. He cant really be stupid enough to believe that beating Rashad warrants a title shot these days

Huge fan of Rashad, always have been so no disrespect to him.

Once again though Kennedy is spouting nonsense. Business as usual for him.

Kennedy is just trying to hype the fight up. He cant really be stupid enough to believe that beating Rashad warrants a title shot these days

He's proven himself to be plenty stupid over the years, but you are right. It's all hype.

Did they train together at Jackson's Wink's?

Yea it really doesn't make sense. Like I don't even know if beating Rashad gets you a shot at Weidman

There was so many better fights out there for him, this fight makes no sense to me at all

I would love to see Kenedy beating the shit out of Bisping again

I totally expected Kennedy vs. Silva in Brazil

What weight class is this at? Is Rashad coming down?

I'm excited to see him fight again.

He's a polarizing figure. Sometimes I like him sometimes I hate him

Suga Rashad Evans is 2-4 in the last 4 years so beating him is a title shot?

I'll definitely enjoy watching this fight, but I was really hoping for Romero-Kennedy 2.

Back