Tim Kennedy Shares His Thoughts on Anti-Depressants

I think it all comes down to having a good friend you can count on and hear you out everytime, romantically or not because loneliness is definitely the main cause or losing someone. Every individual needs a ear.

Dude, ppl with depression tend to isolate themselves. It's the other way around.

Some people have family, good friends and a comfortable life and just starts to avoid others.
Wanting to be alone is a depression symptom.

Medical conditions, financial issues, deaths of close friends/family, breakdown of relationships, addiction can all lead to depression but I guess if you stick your penis in a vagina, lift some weights and go in the sun those will all be solved right?

Also he’s missing the simple fact that depression means you can’t get enjoy things that would ordinarily make you happy. Someone with depression would hang out with friends or go on holiday and feel nothing, but then again this is Tim Kennedy who’s answer to PTSD is to “not be a pussy”

Anecdotal, but I've never found antidepressants to help and they kill my sex drive. I jerked off like 12 times yesterday, a week after getting off Celexa. When taking Celexa, I probably would do the deed, and struggle, once every 2 or 3 days.

Weird to agree somewhat with that douche, but there's something to the antidepressant sentiment. But I'm also of the thought it could just be moreso finding the right one. I mean, they have to exist for a reason. Right?
12? That’s getting with it man! You must be like 18

It seems that Anthony had all of those things in abundance and yet here we are.

Damn! He figured it out, huh?

Maybe he can stop daydreaming about what happened to Hitler and cure cancer next instead.

Exercise, sex, sunlight, healthy diet, the ocean and friendships didn't seem to work as a cure for Bourdain, though. I'm pretty sure the guy had all of it.

Not sold on the effects of anti-depressants, either.
NOT SOLD ON SUICIDE EITHER.

34984652_2132816556940557_8073460333659815936_n.jpg

People are seriously out of touch.

Sorry for your ignorance Timothy.

I've taken two different kinds of anti axiety/depressant medications and literally the only thing they did for me was make me not give a fuck about anything. like the world around me was very dull and simple. i had no problems having sex or keeping my dick hard but never would cum. after about 3 months and two different medications i cut medication, which was actually very hard because of withdraw effects, and told myself there had to be a better way.

Guys like Tim Kennedy are complete trolls, not a good idea to listen to him on anything he says. He has a "oh, ill kick your ass so i dont care" type of mentality which will only lead to problems. What I found helpful was staying around my close friends, keeping around positive energy, and doing things I liked to do, watch sports, go to the beach, go out to eat, hang with friends, play video games, just things that kept me happy and for over 5 years I've been great. Not everyone is the same tho, so if you ever really consider suicide please get help. It's not a normal thing to do, and in my honest opinion it's selfish as fuck. you dont think about what it will do to the people who love you!!!

Anti-depressants and big pharma companies are a load of shit, any level headed adult should be able to realize this.

Kennedy isn’t some genius for pointing it out.
Yeah Big Pharma is after you, and you and YOU!!!

I find it odd that Kennedy is usually shat on 90% on these boards, but for some reason there are people that agree with him on this topic lol.

You need these highly addictive opiates.
Opiates constipate you?
You need this prescription laxative.

Trust us,

Big Pharma

The issue is the medical community doesn’t know what they are doing.

Half the people who take meds see no benefit. For the other half, only half see any long term benefit.

So 3 out of 4 see no long term benefits. That sucks without even mentioning all the side effects, including suicide, that people deal with because of the pills.

Add it all up and the pills are a failure for a huge majority.

Anti depressants work for some, for others they don't work. I think generally it's better to try to fix it via exercise and being social but if that doesn't work(and really, it's easier said than done - when you're actually clinically depressed, not simply feeling a bit down, it's incredibly hard to start improving your situation), I am sure popping pills beats killing yourself.

whats even more sad is when America's greatest fighting force gets wrecked by a Mexican line cook.

As someone clean from anti depressants for about a year now. I've tried them all mostly. Lexapro, Zoloft, Paxil, cymbalta..They are not without their side effects. The best is a good diet, exercise stuff like that. It's a crutch and I wish they weren't used as long term solutions. I'm not against them. It's complicated.

Back