Tim Kennedy on Reebok deal...

How much? Do you have an example?

All I can think about is Todd Duffee being paid 12,000 to get knocked out and falling face first in a main event.

If all he's doing is getting knocked out, maybe he's not worth 12 grand

Whats this meant to prove?

That you're too stupid to figure simple stuff out.

And what research? Lots of fighters/UFC employees are coming out claiming that Reebok has been bad to them.

Employees have been bitching and whining about pay since the dawn of time. Let me repeat: 40% of the private wealth in the US are held by 1% of the population. That's how the world works. News flash: it's not fair, never been fair, never will be fair. They tried communism remember, and it failed miserably. If you're motivated and talented enough, you become that 1%. Otherwise, sit on your ass and keep whining about how unfair the world is.

Just because Ronda has done well out of it proves nothing on the whole, if i have 100 kids and beat the shit out of 99 of them and buy one of them ice cream everyday doesn't make up for it.

Ronda proves what is possible. When she started MMA, she was in a much worse spot than Tim Kennedy and Brendan Schaub are today. They didn't even have WMMA in the UFC. If a mentally disturbed chick with daddy and body image issues like Ronda could get to where she is today, what's Tim Kennedy and Brendan Schaub's excuses? That they're not good enough? Well cry me a river! They can either deal with their lack of marketability, or do something to change that, instead they choose to sit in a chair and whining about it on a podcast. Okay.

Employees have been bitching and whining about pay since the dawn of time. Let me repeat: 40% of the private wealth in the US are held by 1% of the population. That's how the world works. News flash: it's not fair, never been fair, never will be fair. They tried communism remember, and it failed miserably. If you're motivated and talented enough, you become that 1%. Otherwise, sit on your ass and keep whining about how unfair the world is.

Ronda proves what is possible. When she started MMA, she was in a much worse spot than Tim Kennedy and Brendan Schaub are today. They didn't even have WMMA in the UFC. If a mentally disturbed chick with daddy and body image issues like Ronda could get to where she is today, what's Tim Kennedy and Brendan Schaub's excuses? That they're not good enough? Well cry me a river! They can either deal with their lack of marketability, or do something to change that, instead they choose to sit in a chair and whining about it on a podcast. Okay.
Oh i figured it out, it proves literally nothing. You can work for Microsoft and have a copy of every single thing they've ever released but that doesn't mean you dont work there.

And by that logic we might as well pay 99% of fighters minimum wage just becasue "life is not fair"?

And Ronda has had arguably the biggest marketing push behind her that the UFC has every produced and comes from the weakest division the UFC has every had.

hmmm. lets see, should I believe what a professional fighter says about said situation or the internet celler dweller who's so pro-corporation it has to make you wonder how he (celler dweller) benefits from this staunch view point?

hmmm. lets see, should I believe what a professional fighter says about said situation or the internet celler dweller who's so pro-corporation it has to make you wonder how he (celler dweller) benefits from this staunch view point?

attention bro

People love to give Kennedy shit because he's willing to speak out.... but when you listen to that he sounds well spoken and reasonable.

Oh i figured it out, it proves literally nothing. You can work for Microsoft and have a copy of every single thing they've ever released but that doesn't mean you dont work there.

Would a MS shill call MS a fringe company with subpar products and tell people not to buy them because they suck? Are you stupid? Next time do some research on the poster you're responding to before making BS claims and embarrassing yourself.

And by that logic we might as well pay 99% of fighters minimum wage just becasue "life is not fair"?

What do you think the UFC is doing? That's what negotiations are for, they drive the price down as much as possible, most of the UFC fighters are getting minimum wage in the sense that it's the minimum amount of money the UFC could pay for them to stay. Why? Because the UFC is a greedy corporation who's all about making money for themselves and minimizing the costs. OMG what a surprise! Who do you think makes the phones and computers you're using? Well-paid 1st world union workers, or 3rd world cheap laborers who're exploited 10x worse than UFC fighters? Get a clue will ya?

And Ronda has had arguably the biggest marketing push behind her that the UFC has every produced and comes from the weakest division the UFC has every had.

Oh no, the employee that makes my employer more money than me gets paid more than I do! Cry me a river please! Where's that promotional push you speak of that made UFC190 a bigger PPV success than UFC189? Where's this weak UFC women's division you speak of when Rousey started MMA?

When was the last time someone succeeded by blaming others for his/her failures and crying about how unfair the world is?

Who's stopping Tim Kennedy from getting sponsors and wearing non-Reebok gear in the 350+ days of the year he's not fighting/weighing in? NOBODY.

The fact that no one is willing to sponsor him unless if he's in the UFC cage means he has no value to his name unless if it is on the UFC platform, and the UFC is well within its rights to call the shots. It's not the UFC's problem that Tim isn't marketable and can't get outside sponsors like Conor and Ronda.

People won't like that answer but it is the 100% truth.

Other fighters like Ronda can get sponsors outside Reebok. That is because they themselves have built their brand and are a draw for sponsors. If sponsors say 'unless we can be seen X times a year on the UFC platform you, the fighter, have no value to us' then it is clear the sponsors are using the fighters with no other value to back door onto the UFC platform for cheaper then it would be to go direct.

Right on. The truth will set you free. Hopefully enough fighters will speak out to make a difference.

What is with your type? Ya, you know what, you're right.

So, let's follow this logically. It makes sense for every single fighter to go get a steady job that pays by the hour. And the UFC can be Ronda and Conor, who won't fight, because she doesn't fight men, even though she can definitely beat him.

Do you want employees in the UFC? Do you like fights? The fighter's don't have rights, you are right. But everyone has the right to quit. Is that what you want? Why the fuck are you on a fight site?

Who's stopping Tim Kennedy from getting sponsors and wearing non-Reebok gear in the 350+ days of the year he's not fighting/weighing in? NOBODY.

The fact that no one is willing to sponsor him unless if he's in the UFC cage means he has no value to his name unless if it is on the UFC platform, and the UFC is well within its rights to call the shots. It's not the UFC's problem that Tim isn't marketable and can't get outside sponsors like Conor and Ronda.

your intellect lacks here, so what; sponsor gonna pay you 20000 $ for what?? wareing theirs gear at home, no they want they gear too be showed in tv... [use brain dana]
exaclly same is with Reebok, the problem comes ribuk deal screws fighters... but ufc solved that easlly: lets overpay top fighters so they wont complain and rest we will manipulate/scare somehow...

Whats this meant to prove?

And what research? Lots of fighters/UFC employees are coming out claiming that Reebok has been bad to them.

Just because Ronda has done well out of it proves nothing on the whole, if i have 100 kids and beat the shit out of 99 of them and buy one of them ice cream everyday doesn't make up for it.

It was meant to prove that you were supposed to hack his comp, review each file on said comp until you found his prized vault of stolen UFC vids, realize the error in your initial assessment, then live the rest of your life in shame. Jesus, even I could figure that one out.

your intellect lacks here, so what; sponsor gonna pay you 20000 $ for what?? wareing theirs gear at home, no they want they gear too be showed in tv... [use brain dana]
exaclly same is with Reebok, the problem comes ribuk deal screws fighters... but ufc solved that easlly: lets overpay top fighters so they wont complain and rest we will manipulate/scare somehow...

Well, I know what you are trying to say, but plenty of sponsors will pay pro fighters to promote their products on social media, @ seminars / trade shows, meet and greets, etc.

In other pro leagues, you can still wear different apparel/equipment if you happen to be sponsored by them. Your team could be sponsored by Adidas, but the athlete sponsored by Nike which means you can wear Nike shoes. UFC took a strange approach to the whole thing.

He's right. As much as it may pain people to admit it, Kennedy is a smart guy.

Back