Tim Kennedy maybe a whiner but..

No he's not. A true alpha thing to do would be to blow through all your competition, become champion with a ton of leverage, band together with other top level fighters, and collectively tell the UFC to go F themselves unless they make some significant changes about the Reebok deal. That would actually get everyone's attention and affect real change in the UFC - become the alpha fighter, create your own faction and force UFC's hands. Problem: it's also 10 times more badass, and 10 times harder than whining in interviews and on social media. Nobody said being an alpha is easy.

You think Genghis Khan was born with all the power in the world? No, he couldn't even protect his wife at one point, who was taken and raped. Still he became one of the greatest commanders of human history and built the biggest empire the world has ever seen. That is a true alpha. Why can't Kennedy do that, if he were some kind of ultimate alpha? You think taking on Reebok is harder than taking on the world?

Whatever he does for the military, that's separate. I'm not paying attention to any of that and frankly, today's military personnel have nothing on WWI/II soldiers. Whether you want to talk about heroic shit, violent shit, tough shit...it's not remotely comparable, so that's that. As far as his behavior as a fighter is concerned, I fail to see how you can classify him as some kind of ultimate alpha. In fact, the alpha here is Lorenzo Fertitta, he made the changes, let his minion Dana White and Reebok take all the heat, and betas like Tim Kennedy can only sit there and complain.

Alphas don't "band together".
They are Alphas.

They use what's around them to dominate their life and control their own life, how they want it to be. This is done no matter the risk to themselves. An alpha would rather die, then live as a beta.

Tim is an alpha.
He might be annoying and strange, but he is an alpha and an effective one at that.

If you were both at s restaurant and you both just got your food, and he decided to take yours too,
.. Could you stop him?

No.

He is alpha.

So your solution is for him to be an even bigger dick than he already is?
Have you been watching UFC long? Who does and doesn't get pushed is largely dependent on the whims of Dana and/or the Fertitas. There's obviously a very limited amount of huge sponsorship deals being handed out. There's 500 UFC fighters on the roster..There are undefeated, exciting ones that don't get press and thus don't get deals.
"Be like Ronda/Conor" is not a realistic solution to remedy getting underpaid. I guess your next suggestion would be for him to start his own MMA company?

"Be like Ronda/Conor" is absolutely a realistic solution if you're the true alpha. Nobody said everyone of the 550+ fighters in the UFC can become the alpha, that would be ridiculous. There're only a few alphas among a sea of beta and omega sheeps. The alpha is the pack leader that everyone else follows and gravitates towards, he's the trend setter and the pace maker. Is Tim Kennedy that guy? No, he clearly isn't. Lorenzo Fertitta is the alpha. Tim Kennedy is complaining about the alpha's decision.

Alphas don't "band together".
They are Alphas.

They use what's around them to dominate their life and control their own life, how they want it to be. This is done no matter the risk to themselves. An alpha would rather die, then live as a beta.

There're different levels of alphas. Genghis Khan was the ultimate alpha. His generals were alphas. Alphas are the leaders of the pack, they make decisions for all the betas and lesser alphas who follow them.

Who's Tim Kennedy leading? What decisions is he making for others? He's a beta.

Lorenzo is the Alpha. He makes decisions for Tim Kennedy the beta, who can only complain about it, instead of doing anything. That's the definition of a beta.

And why are you comparing Tim Kennedy to me? I'm a beta Sherdogger, you could be a beta yourself and still be above me in the pecking order.

sorry but i dont respect someone unconditionally just cuz they're in the military, thats bullshit. it may be brave and take some balls to join, but you could say jumping head first into a speeding truck is pretty brave too. it depends entirely on context. guys who fought in iraq, brave but not really respectable in my view, considering they didnt contribute to the quality of the world in any way. those navy seals who rescued hostages from somali pirates, fucking awesome and totally respectable.

also, if it was the ultimate whining championship, tim kennedy would be the p4p king

Isn't this "alpha" talk all a Sherdog invention? Is Kennedy going around calling himself "alpha"? And if he were...how literal are you guys taking it? It's a figure of speech. I don't know why anyone feels the need to make up some sort of alpha equation to rate Tim's manliness.

ROFL at you people. You may not like him, but anyone who says Tim Kennedy is not an alpha male is kidding themselves.

I don't really give a fuck about Tim or his haters/fanboys but I am wondering- is fighter bashing now okay on Sherdog?

He is a true alpha male. He gets threatened by ISIS and shrugs it off. He is a great fighter and a great father and family man.

He would surely be one of the first to protect his country from terrorists.
How do you know about his personal life unless you've actually spent time with the man?

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!"
Best marionette movie eva!

Oh is it? Well how much does Tim Kennedy bench? If you want to use that definition, Tim Kennedy is not even remotely close to being considered an alpha. He's not a champion, heck, Lorenzo Fertitta bench presses more than he does, and is his boss, and has former SEALs that would crush him if he ever tried to make a move against the boss man.

If Tim Kennedy wanted to take out Lorenzo his "navy seals" would see his head explode before they heard the gun shot. Tim wouldn't have to get inside a mile to do the job.

I'm a fan, I think he's a badass. I don't care that he rubs some pussies the wrong way, in fact I find it mildly amusing.
Yes,he is amazing.I'm surprised he is so tough,with his hand guns,machine guns,cameras,super knives,grenades,and a belt full of other toys,and he walks around like that.Tough guy. What about Brian Stann,he is the same without the toys,and the constant complaining? One is a soldier and one is a liability

disliking ISIS is cool but he's still boring as shit

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!"
classy analogy

ROFL at you people. You may not like him, but anyone who says Tim Kennedy is not an alpha male is kidding themselves.
The alpha male shit is pathetic.Do you mean more tats,or lift more,or more streetfights? What the fuck is an alpha male,other than someone who trains with Faber,or the Alpha male in animal kingdom. Americans are so superficial.A big tough jacked up guy is an alpha male.How can you know? Actions speak louder than words,except in the US where size defines how tough someone is? Tim Kennedy,has a fucking great time in the forces, he has the best of everything,like a GI Joe,and a bit like playing video games. american soldiers are pampered to fuck. Can't compare to many other countries soldiers.Can you imagine being an afghani soldier? All the help they will never get when they finally go home,and a lack of money,and facilities,and everything is shit for them,but they have more balls than Americans,and they don't lift all day,to look ALPHA yawn

If Tim Kennedy wanted to take out Lorenzo his "navy seals" would see his head explode before they heard the gun shot. Tim wouldn't have to get inside a mile to do the job.

Betas talk. Alphas do.

Let's see him actually take out Lorenzo Fertitta and cripple the UFC upper management, not ifs and buts, then everyone will know he's a true alpha. Until then, he's just another person who whines on the internet about the decisions the alpha made for him, that he can't do anything but complain about.

Back