Tim Kennedy:"After this fight, you can’t say that I shouldn’t be the champion"

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
13320167_833729166772080_1958196156_n.jpg

UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy says he’s octagon-bound against a (big-name) opponent to be announced.

“After this fight, you can’t say that I shouldn’t be the champion,” the 36-year-old fighter and special forces sniper announced on his Facebook page. “The details of that have to wait for the UFC to tell you when, where and who. But I’m telling you, I’m fighting.”

Kennedy recently wrapped filming on a second season of History’s series “Hunting Hitler,” an investigative show created in response to a declassified FBI report that questions whether the German dictator might have survived World War II by escaping to Argentina. He also founded Sheepdog Response, a live-action course that aims to help service members and civilians survive a terrorist attack.

Although Kennedy once mused whether his TV gig might signal the end of his MMA career, he today told followers he’s kept a strict training regimen during a two-year layoff and will be ready for a high-profile fight.

“It’s going to be big,” he said. “Hopefully, Michael Bisping will stay the champ. If he beats Dan Henderson, he has no choice but to defend his title against me; I was the last guy to beat the breaks off him.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/back-f...middleweight-tim-kennedy-has-a-fight-lined-up

:eek:

probably the long rumored tim kennedy vs anderson silva fight

him and Romero should square off again!

I'm now the President of the Tim Kennedy Fan Club.

Weidman? Rockhold rematch? Either would be great.

Feels like this guy has been talking about a fight for years, and nothing has ever come of it.

Tim - you're not good at this heel thing. You're supposed to go for 'make people hate me and want to see me lose.' Not - 'annoy people until they wish I'd just go away.'

Step up your game Tim.

Rematch with Jacare is the only thing that puts him near a title shot IMO

Kennedy already lost to Jacare, Rockhold and Romero. He grinded Bisping tho.

Soon it will be announced that it's just his continued fight against irrelevance.

Back