Tim Burton's BIG EYES

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Did anybody see this?

Searched for a DLX thread, didn't see one.

Shame if no one did; I just caught a showing at the last theater in my area playing it.

Must not be doing too well.

Really interesting story & history, one I personally didn't know before:

Famous 60's artist Walter Keane, whose style & paintings swept the USA in the early 60's...

11778076_f248.jpg

... turns out, he never painted a goddamn one of them; they were all done by his wife Margaret, and he kept her emotionally caged at home while he took all the credit.

Tim Burton lays the true story out very methodically and restrained, for him. No mental landscapes, no crazy set pieces. Straightforward, but still with just enough Tim Burton flash & style to please the eyes.

Christoph freakin' Waltz & Amy freakin' Adams own this movie, as simultaneously a duo, and quite split. Each fills their very different characters with their own unique feel & verve. There is no leader and no follower in this dance, they are true co-stars.

The movie feels fairly short and flies by, in a good way, no scene is wasted or lingers too long as the story is told. I'm kinda impressed that Tim Burton could just tell a straight story like this, and do it quite well.

If it's still playing out there in your area, worth checking out. Solid 8.5/10

Big-Eyes-movie-poster.jpg

Chrisoph Waltz is one of my fave actors, now he's been in a Quentin Tarantino, Terry Gilliam and Tim Burton film. Would like to see Waltz in a Scorsese movie next.

I wanted to see it, but my mom and sister never thought to invite me. I guess I'll wait til it comes out on video.

going to watch it tomorrow night. Was going to watch tonight but decided on a most violent year.

I like most Tim Burton movies.

Very mixed reviews on this one. Did you identify with Amy Adam's character?

I didn't care much for the movie. For starters, I think Waltz was miscast in this role. He did nothing for me.

Was it good. I still want to see it.

I like Lana Del Ray and her song in this movies, but i haven't seen the movie.

I will give it a try.

It's got the pawn shop guy from THE CROW in it.

What more do you need??

Saw the trailer and my girl really wants to see it so I might check it out this weekend

It was really good. Seeing Waltz hustle was the highlight. I wish they covered more of the art elitists though.

It's got the pawn shop guy from THE CROW in it.

What more do you need??

That scene was brutal.

You would have sold me on it had you said it featured Iggy Pop.

He was stellar in the sequel.

Back