tim boetsch standup-thoughts

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
after seeing him in two outings, one against a striker in heath and another in a match against a wrestler; what are the thoughts and opinions, assessments of his standup.

i know he is a wrestler; but he seems better w/his strikes on a high level than w/his striking; i know he has a jkd background, so i wanted the forums thoughts on his off def stance range of strikes etc

My opinion- He is to focused on a KO shot.

Against Hamil, every leg kick he threw landed perfectly and he could have thrown 50 in a row because Hamill has a horrible habit of standing with people when he should take them down.

I think the fact the threw every punch going for the KO contributed to his gassing out, if he had settled down and taken some of the power off his punches he could have dominated Hamill

My opinion- He is to focused on a KO shot.

Against Hamil, every leg kick he threw landed perfectly and he could have thrown 50 in a row because Hamill has a horrible habit of standing with people when he should take them down.

I think the fact the threw every punch going for the KO contributed to his gassing out, if he had settled down and taken some of the power off his punches he could have dominated Hamill

Well his gas tank doesn't seem great. Fighting at altitude and be wrestled around by Matt Hamil certainly were big factors. He didn't seem that quick against Heath anyway but here he seemed like a sloth. Hamil's boxing improves each and every time I see him.

Boetsch looks to me like MT. I liked his head movement as you don't see it that much in MMA. Good with the knees but wild with the hands. I agree he seemed to be focusing too much on a big KO punch. Uppercuts from long range??

Well his gas tank doesn't seem great. Fighting at altitude and be wrestled around by Matt Hamil certainly were big factors. He didn't seem that quick against Heath anyway but here he seemed like a sloth. Hamil's boxing improves each and every time I see him.

Boetsch looks to me like MT. I liked his head movement as you don't see it that much in MMA. Good with the knees but wild with the hands. I agree he seemed to be focusing too much on a big KO punch. Uppercuts from long range??

i think his awkward stance and the angles he presents as a result allow him to be eff def, because people have to look for him; unlike alot of guys (outside of liddel/machidar) he actually makes u have to close the dist, setup shots and think before u attack. I agree w/u his kicks/knees are EXCELLENT; HIS hands aren't really sharp, he uses alot of unorthodox strikes; which allow him to land and not be countered because of the angle he comes from and the position his strikes put him in wether he lands or not. I don't think he is fluid but that herky jerky style and the spacing he has allows him a certain amount of success.

i like his style; but i saw hamill get to him w/single shots, he couldn't put things together. But he was able to land in between those wide arcing shots. I think the kicks are the key to his success; but as stated he got away from them and if he continues to do that he will lose, his hands arent good enough to lean on them.

I think the big uppercuts messed with his cardio, in regards to Hamill his striking looked as bad as always imo

I was impressed by his teep kicks and I was like, "Yes uppercuts!" when he threw them because Hamil has this horrible habit of leaving the bottom of his guard wide open. I can't believe Bisping's "great striking" didn't pick up on that they fought.

Hamil would've finished him faster if he used his wrestling skills earlier. Dude manhandled him in the wrestling department.

his frontkicks have really good speed to them, i am suprised how good it is at keeping the range right

Back