Till vs Costa?

Now there’s an electrifying matchup.

Adesanya vs Romero then Costa.

Till vs Canonnier for next TS

Whittaker vs Gastelum

Silva vs Weidman 3 or vs Hall.
Cannonier is having surgery and is out until the fall.

Till vs Costa will depend at Izzy vs Yoel to an extent. If Izzy and Yoel have a barn burner and they need a rematch than Costa Till makes more sense. TBH, Till vs Costa could still make sense.

As for who would win? Costa would be the favorite, but he really faded against Yoel after only two rounds and got battered in the 3rd. If it was 5 rounds I would think he may not even make the distance let alone win. If Till can stay moving and clinch when in close (like he did Gastelum) he could win 3,4,5 and take it.

If they try to do Till vs Costa Till will suddenly be a WW again.

With the news that jared is injured and out of action for the foreseeable. Does this fight make sense ? Both dudes are needing a fight.
Number one contender fight.
Who wins and how?
As much as I am a fan of Darren and will back him as a fellow countrymen I cant help but feel like paulo would brutalise him.

I think it will be Till vs Hermansson now.

Good fight, but Costa has already earned his shot.
Whittaker vs Till for 1 contender.
If whittaker wins, he should get a titleshot, although as a huge fan i want him to fight 1 more person before fighting adesanya again.
If till wins he should get a TS if he beat jared after beating whittaker. (although i don't beleive till can beat whittaker).
You're okay with Costa waiting out until the title shot?

Costa would send him to 205
If Till wants an easy fight, Weidman's chin will be open in April.

BlackWeeklyHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

WiQJ04J.gif
Crazy how things change. These days teh chris is regarded as gimme fight. Easy pickings.
That being said chris could still pull out his big ole bag of wrestling tricks. It could get interesting

Gotta take Costa here. But Costa should just wait for his shot at Izzy/Romero.

Makes sense, I think its a mistake for Costa to be out for so long and wait, plus anything can happen in the Adesanya vs Romero fight, look how many close close close fights Romero has been in!!!!!, what if it was another draw or a huge controversial split decision, I would not even be surprised because Romero always seems to find himself in these razor thin controversial fights.. then they will rematch and do it again.

Till vs Cannonier was the right fight, but now he is out, I think Costa makes sense to replace

Adesanya vs Romero then Costa.

Till vs Canonnier for next TS

Whittaker vs Gastelum

Silva vs Weidman 3 or vs Hall.
Jared it out untill the end of the year with a serious injury. That's the point of the thread. Darren will want a fight before then

If you look at the rankings it's the only fight that makes sense. Hall is fighting Jacare and Brunson is fighting Edmen. Till beat Kelvin already so he's not going to fight anybody below 10th ranking.
Jared has the pec tear and Whittaker is going through a personal ordeal and Izzy fights Romero so that leaves Costa/Till for number one contendership since I believe Jack Hermansson will possibly fight Kelvin but you never know they may have Till vs Joker which I hope doesn't come to fruition I rather Till vs Costa since that's a clear number one contender.
View attachment 729273
Thats what I was thinking

I thought Costa was out with a torn bicep? I think he has earned the shot but it might make some sense to stay active in the mean time if he heals and the winner of Izzy/Yoel isn't ready for whatever reason.

But at that point I'd say make Costa vs Cannonier when ready.

Kelvin vs the Reaper is a fight I'd still like to see and since both are coming off losses I think it makes some sense. That or either of them against Jack the Joker.

Good fight, but Costa has already earned his shot.
Whittaker vs Till for 1 contender.
If whittaker wins, he should get a titleshot, although as a huge fan i want him to fight 1 more person before fighting adesanya again.
If till wins he should get a TS if he beat jared after beating whittaker. (although i don't beleive till can beat whittaker).

Big Whittaker fan, but after 2 wars with Homero and getting finished by Izzy, I dont think he has anything left for contenders.

Hope I'm wrong tho.

Till needs some bloated WW's. He is one of the biggest pussies ive ever seen. This Guy will not go far in MMA and probably retire or just stop fighting soon.

There's no way Till fights Costa.

Big Whittaker fan, but after 2 wars with Homero and getting finished by Izzy, I dont think he has anything left for contenders.

Hope I'm wrong tho.
nah, your wrong man. he's 29, younger than izzy. He just needs some time to heal up, he will be fine. I think he looked the fastest and strongest he has ever looked at 243. Not the best gameplan, but physically wise he looked awesome.

People are counting him out way too fast.

Somebody should fight Hermansson. Seems I'm suggesting this guy for every ranked middleweight but the matchup with Till just seems like a cool headliner for a euro card. We still don't know if Till's power translates to 185 so why not give him another high volume guy and hope it's not a snoozer.

Not to mention Jack has a lot of potential himself. If the fight gets to the 4th or 5th, it'll be interesting to see if Till breaks under pressure.

Back