Till asked about his weight at media workout. Not happy with the questions or the cut.

Look at it from this perspective. Stephen Thompson was told in no uncertain terms that if he ever wanted another title shot in the UFC, ever, he'd fight Till no matter how much Till weighed. And as I've said before, it's not so much how many lbs a fighter weighs over. It's the fact his body escaped the worst part of a weight cut, the last several lbs. The extra dehydration and its effects on the human body and the body's ability to recover. Wonderboy makes weight so you never hear about his cut, but it's far from easy. Hell, he fought as a cruiserweight as a teenager. So his body had to recover from the total weight cut but Till's did not and Stephen had to take the fight. And he lost the fight and Till got the title shot. It isn't right.
I do agree with that, the last pound(s) are the hardest of all

Is it gonna take someone dying before they put a stop to this shit? Something needs to change. Shit like this is unsafe...
sport-preview-darren-till.jpg
Something needs to change?

How about the fighter himself? Stop cutting so much and fight at 185.

There I solved it.

I actually watched the 44 second video

He seemed pretty good natured about the whole thing

People say that they want fighters to be "real". This guy says he hates cutting weight (uhhh.... yeah). What is the problem? The transcipt may make him sound aggressive but he was pretty chill with the interviewer.

the only thing that matters is if he hits the weight and can actually perform on fight night.

I think if he misses weight he should be cut. No moving up etc..he should have resolved that. Being his size it makes him look cowardly trying so hard not to fight someone his own size.

Back