TIK TOK bans girl for being critical of China

Using Tik Tok has nothing to do with your right to free speech.

Tik Tok is obligated to their shareholders.

What in the blue hell is tik tok? Do people still use AIM?

Pretty sure tik tok has China has a major shareholder so it's not surprising

What in the blue hell is tik tok? Do people still use AIM?
AIM, ICQ, mIRC, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, etc. AIM shut down years ago, though. :(

Anyways, it's as capitalist as you can get to bow down to the Chinese overlords in the name of money. Sad, but true.

Actually you just proved me even more right if that's true.

{<huh}

Sorry if you are on the spectrum, but you are saying the tik tok thing is because it cares about its shareholders which is pretty much saying it is about profitability. That other guy is saying because it is a chinese company it is bound by chinese law and it is chinese law to censor all those critical of china.

You see how those two things are different? I mean, you comprehend it right? You don't actually think they are the same thing, right?
Even if it was not a public company it would have been forced to do it.

I mean, it is as stupid as saying Youtube will not let you direct market to children because of shareholders....no it is because it is a law backed by fines.

Sorry if you are on the spectrum, but you are saying the tik tok thing is because it cares about its shareholders which is pretty much saying it is about profitability. That other guy is saying because it is a chinese company it is bound by chinese law and it is chinese law to censor all those critical of china.

You see how those two things are different? I mean, you comprehend it right? You don't actually think they are the same thing, right?

I mean, it is as stupid as saying Youtube will not let you direct market to children because of shareholders....no it is because it is a law backed by fines.
Thank you typing all that out for him on my behalf.
Lol at the cheerleading like he 'got me'

Uh... if the company is Chinese what the fuck does that have to do with American's speech. It's also just a private Chinese company, not a state run company, who has Chinese shareholders, and it seems very likely that being powerful Chinese businessmen are totally in line with Chinese state desires. So they very likely are catering to the will of their shareholders AND the Chinese state.

You are taking the risk yourself when you use a Chinese or any foreign product or online service. Chinese politics are not having an influence over American's speech as TS originally posited because the platform isn't American to begin with. Our culture is encroaching on theirs on Tik Tok, and that's actually a good thing.

What do leftists say?

Oh yeah. Private platform....can’t complain

What do leftists say?

Oh yeah. Private platform....can’t complain

Dont use chinese programs if you want to criticize China. I'm not sure if this really counts as a "private" platform with how their country works, but either way best to just not use Chinese things.

Dont use chinese programs if you want to criticize China. I'm not sure if this really counts as a "private" platform with how their country works, but either way best to just not use Chinese things.

yoh know the truth. You will be lost in the great reshuffling. Every warning has been given

Tik Tok's a Chinese brand and ANY Chinese company that does well in China or overseas from China has to toe the line. Or they risk collapsing the next day.

Unfortunately that's near impossible.

It's full of pedo's anyway , local schools issued warnings against kids using it .

Back