Tight hamstrings

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have this problem all my life. I have a desk job and have to stretch them in the middle of the day otherwise it would be too uncomfortable to work. I stretch them every chance I get but they always seem tight. I even asked my neurologist the same question and he just said some people are just tighter than others. I think this article might be on spot: my hamstrings are tight because my glutes do not fire properly. Check it out:

S B Coaches College - Hamstring Dominance

Interesting. I am bumping this thread because I have been trying Yoga and my hamstrings are getting a little looser but they just feel like they werent made to stretch this way. I will check those exercises out and post results on this thread.

I have this problem all my life. I have a desk job and have to stretch them in the middle of the day otherwise it would be too uncomfortable to work. I stretch them every chance I get but they always seem tight. I even asked my neurologist the same question and he just said some people are just tighter than others. I think this article might be on spot: my hamstrings are tight because my glutes do not fire properly. Check it out:

S B Coaches College - Hamstring Dominance

Great resource. I have always had a mild case of lordosis of the spine and those are many of the same exercises and stretches I was given.

Hey thanks very much for these links. I recently tore my hamstring for the second time, and it hurt just as much as the first! The physio told me I have restricted movement in my hip flexors as well so those dynamic strectches are a big help, as my overall flexibility is very good.

As a matter of interest has anyone else torn their hamstring before and how long were you out of training? I am itching to get back to kickboxing but don't want to rush it, physio has tentatively told me 4 weeks, just interested in hearing accounts from people who have been through this.

(Hope this is breaking post rules regarding injuries).

Back