Tigerbalm San Da tourney - video

B

Boxer123

Hey guys, in March there was a San Shou event where I live for a gold medal, I competed. I'm a muay thai stylist (traditional) with no san shou experience at all hence the random/fun takedowns lol. Anyway I had 2 fights each one is one round 3 minutes, i'm in the white batman shorts. I won both fights but fractured my foot in my second fight (won) and had to withdraw from tourney and settle for the bronze. I'm posting this for entertainment for fellow fighters, not looking for criticism. I'm aware I drop my hands sometimes and I do it on purpose not out of bad habit, never dropped them once in my second match it's just to taunt. Enjoy.

YouTube - Josh Muay thai

Oh btw, rules were no knees, no elbows, 5 second clinching max which doesnt favor my style but w/e a good fighter adapts. Points were heavily awarded for takedowns and pushing out of the mat area.

One bump for anyone who wants to watch then thread dies, thanks guys.

Oh btw, rules were no knees, no elbows, 5 second clinching max which doesnt favor my style but w/e a good fighter adapts. Points were heavily awarded for takedowns and pushing out of the mat area.

Good work brotha! Congrats....... I saw towards the end of the fight 2min'ish. You grabbed a semi-clinch and I could tell you were really thinking about throwing a knee in his face! Im sure it came as natural instinct (given MT background)......... lucky you didn't, for him too!

Good work brotha! Congrats....... I saw towards the end of the fight 2min'ish. You grabbed a semi-clinch and I could tell you were really thinking about throwing a knee in his face! Im sure it came as natural instinct (given MT background)......... lucky you didn't, for him too!

right at about 2:15 into the fight!

Ya you can see me pull his head right down but then I remembered I wasnt allowed so I just let go and dodg his wild punch, he was pretty awkward and flaily. Kinda half assed the fight by taunting him and what not cuz I wasnt in any real danger but still had fun and thats what counts ;D

Thx for the response glad you enjoyed it

Good fights Batman.
Sucks about your foot.
Did you get those videos from Satori Science or another hookup?

I liked the event and thought the ref did a solid job.

Good fights Batman.
Sucks about your foot.
Did you get those videos from Satori Science or another hookup?

I liked the event and thought the ref did a solid job.

Thx man, my friend filmed this fight (first of the day), Satori said he did have footage of my second fight so he is going to try to send it to me when he gets home from whatever he is doing, he was in the carribean or something and when he tried to send my stuff to me the transfer rate was wayyy to slow so we are gonna try again later, hopefully he filmed the whole thing.

Ya he was a really good ref, his names Aaron Howey or something, he's a san shou fighter and has had some pro MMA fights he was pretty cool.

Great video, you did extremely well.

Lovin the shorts, haha.

Thx man haha my other shorts were better, they were solid black with a yellow wasteband and the black and yellow batman symbol on the crotch. I ripped them bad though so I took off the logo and sewed it onto a diff pair of plain white shorts, it looks okay but the others were way better. Thx for the compliment glad you enjoyed.

btw awesome avatar lol makes me laugh for some strange reason.

you should wear black with a batman top. that would be awsome if you fight wearing that.

Nice, you looked a lot more composed than your opponent and pretty much controlled the fight.
Do you get a lot of people entering the San Shou, and what's the general standard like?
I wish we had an event like that in the uk
PS How many fights had you had before this event?

Nice, you looked a lot more composed than your opponent and pretty much controlled the fight.
Do you get a lot of people entering the San Shou, and what's the general standard like?
I wish we had an event like that in the uk
PS How many fights had you had before this event?

That was only my 2nd fight. Not sure about the San Shou standards ive never entered San Shou before or even the Tigerbalms so I just kinda winged it.

Back