Tiger Balm Internationals

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Boxer123, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Boxer123

Boxer123 Guest

Hey guys was just curious if anyone here competed in the recent Tiger Balm Internationals that took place this past weekend. Overall it was a good event and seemed like the fighters had a good time. I competed in the San Shou 140 division (SF-10), anyone else?

2. Tim Chan

Tim Chan Amateur Fighter

how'd u do?

I was at the tigerbalm but didnt compete(my friend did bjj).

some really good fights there and some of the sword forms were nice to watch. I was surprised that chest gear was optional this time in ss

3. Boxer123

Boxer123 Guest

I did really good, I had 2 San Shou fights and I won both fairly easily. I was in the Batman shorts with the thai boxing arm bands you may have seen one or both of my fights. I busted my foot in my second fight (kicked an elbow hard) so after I won I pulled out due to injury (couldnt stand on it) so I ended up with bronze but judges said I was favoured to win gold so next time, hey atleast I didnt lose ;P

4. Brolly

Brolly Orange Belt

I was there and competed in the continuous stand up under 200lb and grabbed bronze. Was tough for me being 180 I should have dropped weight but it was my first time and I didn't know the weight classes. I didn't like the whole event cause I had to wait around for 8 hours before fighting.