ticking clock for men

I got married in my mid 20's and It's been almost 11 years. I'm very happy being married and wouldn't want to be single at all tbh. People are often shocked when they meet me and find out I've been married so long. I guess it's different for everyone.

If you look at your dream girl (or yourself) as a collection of stats, then I’d say that’s a pretty boring dream.
Especially if you consider how high your charisma and constitution stats would have to be to pull that off.

Shacking up with a young 20 something when you're creeping towards your grave would be fine for a month or two, but eventually that young 20 something is going to want to do young 20 something things, and all her young 20 something friends are going to be there, silently judging you, giving her pitying looks as you shuffle around next to her in your shabby old guy clothes, talking about old guy TV and old guy music they've never heard of.

Then there's your family and friends who'll be all supportive to your face while you explain how smart she is and how you both have so much in common; but once you've stuttered off on your new Harley with your hairplugs blowing in the wind, the same question will be asked over and over again - what the hell is going on there?

The only way to avoid any of that would be to only ever meet this young 20 something in secret. Never go anywhere together in public, especially not on your Harley. Never meet her friends and never ever introduce her to anyone you know.

That's impossible though because the very first and strongest old guy instinct you're going to have is to show her off to all your friends just so you can rub it in their faces and say, "Look at what I'm fucking! She's way better than that bitter old hag your tied to. Rock N Roll Man. Rock N Roll."
Don't let this man ruin young box for the old cocks.

When Im older I plan on shacking up the youngins.
By the way, he was talking about like a 35 year old guy hooking up with like a 25 year old. There is not much difference in that too be honest.
You are explaining a guy in like his late 40's hooking up with a 20 year old, and that my friend is a little different.

I’m 51. My last relationship was with a 29 year old woman. She lived about an hour away. My friends and family told me I should go for something a little older and closer. So, now I’m pursuing a 28 year old who lives about 1 hr 10 minutes away.
The combination of attributes that create attraction are not always simple and easy to understand.
“Just do what you want man.” Is good advice. I don’t have to worry (too much) about what other people think.
fuck yea.
I also think its how you project yourself. I've met people who were 26 that looked 42. Then I've met 41 year olds I thought were 28 or 30.

age is relative. it completely depends on whether you take care of yourself. i'm 38, and people never think i'm that old.

For men I think it’s best to get married between 20-22, you are young and so is the chick that neither of you have baggage to drag into the relationship.

After this you start getting the baggage land burnt chicks, it takes them till about 30 to recover and get shit going right for them.

So if you are male and didn’t marry early, wait till 35-38 and grab a 25-28.

I'm 39, never been married, no kids, and in the best shape of my life. I certainly do whatever I want. Life is good. I live with my gf who is 37 and isn't into marriage and kids. We might get married soon, especially if we buy a house in the next couple of years. But there's no pressing urge to do it.

I don't hear a clock ticking at all.

I’m 30. Dating in my 20’s has been a headache. I could have never imagined getting married then.

No clock that tickles me awake? Lame.
I_Heart_Love_Tickling_Wall_Clock_300x300.jpg

I'm 38 and would have zero interest in dating someone in their early or even mid 20s. They usually don't know what they want, flit around from one thing to the other, and tend to be annoyingly self-centred.

Also if you know anything about women, you'd know female sex drives tend to go crazy in their mid 30s upward. If the woman has a gap in her front teeth it'll be even stronger.

Shacking up with a young 20 something when you're creeping towards your grave would be fine for a month or two, but eventually that young 20 something is going to want to do young 20 something things, and all her young 20 something friends are going to be there, silently judging you, giving her pitying looks as you shuffle around next to her in your shabby old guy clothes, talking about old guy TV and old guy music they've never heard of.

Then there's your family and friends who'll be all supportive to your face while you explain how smart she is and how you both have so much in common; but once you've stuttered off on your new Harley with your hairplugs blowing in the wind, the same question will be asked over and over again - what the hell is going on there?

The only way to avoid any of that would be to only ever meet this young 20 something in secret. Never go anywhere together in public, especially not on your Harley. Never meet her friends and never ever introduce her to anyone you know.

That's impossible though because the very first and strongest old guy instinct you're going to have is to show her off to all your friends just so you can rub it in their faces and say, "Look at what I'm fucking! She's way better than that bitter old hag your tied to. Rock N Roll Man. Rock N Roll."
Bodied the thread right here.

I'm 35 and we get new hires at my work straight out of college all the time. They look hot, but the thought of dating one does not feel right at all. Guys who plan on doing this also don't realize that that hot young chick will eventually become a weathered older woman so you're back at square one, but at a point in your life where loneliness can be very real. Best to just avoid the midlife crisis relationship.

But I'm already married so it's all moot for me.

everyone is different. the source for ultimate unhappiness is comparing your own life to others and then feeling like shit when you feel like you are not good enough based on what others are doing.

I'm 39, never been married, no kids, and in the best shape of my life. I certainly do whatever I want. Life is good. I live with my gf who is 37 and isn't into marriage and kids. We might get married soon, especially if we buy a house in the next couple of years. But there's no pressing urge to do it.

I don't hear a clock ticking at all.
Well if you decide to have kids there is certainly a clock ticking on that.

How about not giving a shit what other people think if you both are happy together? I didn’t realise say a 35 year old guy dating a girl in her 20s means he is some old man in comparison.

Back