Ticketmaster To Require Negative Covid Test To Enter Concert

Plenty of places here are now checking your temp with a wand when you come in, and you can't enter if you have a fever.

Yeah I know

They took my temperature every time I had to go to the dentist for a root canal back in May. And I totally understood. Still thought it was pointless but I get it

Our governor just applied another 2 week restriction to all our counties in Oregon because of the coronavirus spreading at a high rate even though we still have some of the countries lowest rates for COVID. It shouldn't be a surprise because we are in flu season (remember the common flu?) and this is the time of year when it's cold and more people get sick

The thing is, we are still in Phase One of reopening and have been since June. Still can't go to the movies, schools are pretty much all online, and we still can't go to concerts or sporting events. Restaurants are still in limited capacity and can't stay open past 9pm. And now this woman limits bar and restaurant seatings even more who have been already struggling financially since March

We're already wearing masks everywhere we go and cannot gather in large crowds (unless your protesting or celebrating Trump losing the presidency but that's a whole different subject) What more can we do??? How is placing more restrictions for two weeks going to help anything when we have been restricted for almost 7 months now?

Last edited:
My last live concert was Styx in 2000. I don’t intend to ever attend another one. I hate crowds, and I appreciate music more on quality headphones in the comfort of my living room anyways.
I'll go support my mate but I've been to hundreds of concerts so while I really miss live music I'm going to have to see how it all pans out before I go another big venue. Saw Machine Head as my last gig before the pandemic was serious for an anniversary tour and if that’s my last big one then I’m fine with that.
Plenty of places here are now checking your temp with a wand when you come in, and you can't enter if you have a fever.
it really is no big deal, my ones say “safe” within a split second of putting your forehead or inner wrist up to it. They’re standalone human sized so you don’t even have to touch anything.

Yeah I know

They took my temperature every time I had to go to the dentist for a root canal back in May. And I totally understood. Still thought it was pointless but I get it

Our governor just applied another 2 week restriction to all our counties in Oregon because of the coronavirus spreading at a high rate even though we still have some of the countries lowest rates for COVID. It shouldn't be a surprise because we are in flu season (remember the common flu?) and this is the time of year when it's cold and more people get sick

The thing is, we are still in Phase One of reopening and have been since June. Still can't go to the movies, schools are pretty much all online, and we still can't go to concerts or sporting events. Restaurants are still in limited capacity and can't stay open past 9pm. And now this woman limits bar and restaurant seatings even more who have been already struggling financially since March

We're already wearing masks everywhere we go and cannot gather in large crowds (unless your protesting or celebrating Trump losing the presidency but that's a whole different subject) What more can we do??? How is placing more restrictions for two weeks going to help anything when we have been restricted for almost 7 months now?
Unfortunately, you're expecting logical thinking from a bunch of career, self interest politicians...exercise in futility.

Yeah I know

the parklets in long beach CA are ridiculous. even SD went backwards today removing indoor dining.
https://sandiego.eater.com/2020/11/...ants-closed-only-takeout-delivery-coronavirus

This hasn't been a health issue since those public health officials said it was "ok" to protest back in late May during a pandemic. This is all political and probably has been from the jump

Sad thing is, most people know this now and still don't give a shit
I concur

This hasn't been a health issue since those public health officials said it was "ok" to protest back in late May during a pandemic. This is all political and probably has been from the jump

Sad thing is, most people know this now and still don't give a shit
Absolutely.

This is no longer (or never was) about the virus. It's about control and subjugation of the general public into technocratic control.

Yeah I know

It's really tough because Americans just aren't used to quarantines. We've never had to do it before. People either don't follow quarantine and distancing or do it sporadically. Our society is really based around constant close contact. It's hard to change that overnight and people are naturally resistant to it.

in the future they will check our temperature rectally before we enter a building under a new law or mandate and we will comply.
Well I for sure won't lol. Honestly I don't buy all the conspiracy theory muh freedoms stuff. People act like anything that isn't the black plague isn't dangerous. There's much more to worry about than just the death rates.

Back