Tibau's home and car robbed in Florida

BrazilianDude

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
source (in portuguese): http://esporte.uol.com.br/mma/ultim...e-brasileiro-do-ufc-voltam-e-roubam-carro.htm

"I am remodeling my house, so there was a big flow of construction workers. I went to the gym by bike. When I got home at night, I saw the broken door and I thought: 'I don't believe it'. I walked in and started to notice the stuff that was gone: jewels, clothes, appliances, they took it all. I don't know how many they were, but I know they cleaned up my house." (I don't know if cleaned up makes sense in english in this case)

"They really were shameless! The day of the robbery, since I was using the bike, they took the car key. In all that turmoil of going to the police station and the cops coming to llok for clues I didn't even care about the car, which was parked in front of the house. I thought they would not return to the scene days after... But they did and took my car"

"We think this kind of thing only happens in Brazil, but there are bad people everywhere in the world, who benefit from stealing from workers" (brazilians think we hold a monopoly on crime, corruption and pretty much every bad thing in the world. Both crime and corruption are high here though, I'm not denying that).

He said it motivated him, cause a bonus in his next fight could really help right now.

EDIT: The article says he lives in a closed condo and that's why he never worried about getting an alarm or CCTV.

Last edited:
Damn that sucks. Hopefully the ufc helps him out since he's probably gonna lose to Parke.

Booooooo!

At least they were nice enough to clean the guys house after they stole all his stuff.

What do you expect when you're letting random people in your house with you not being there? At least have a secure safe to put your things in. That's just an open invitation to thieves.

Last edited:
Nope, he's winning, but a boring decision doesn't give you any bonus... Feel bad for him.

It was the Sports Commission assigned judges that done it!! They are usually the first to get the blame when a fighter is "robbed"

Inb4 "Dana White is now taking back part of what he pays fighters"

I have it from a creditable source that Jon Jones is responsible for this crime...

didn't Diego get robbed not to long ago? alota ufc guys are being targeted its pretty sad..

When I first started reading this I felt sorry for the guy. But after seeing the part about them coming back to steal his car something sounds fishy. Why would they wait to take his car when they could have taken it earlier? Almost sounds like an insurance scam.

It sounds like the construction company would be libel one way or another. Either it was an inside job or they left the house open. He should get the names of the workers from the construction company and start an investigation.

Last edited:
What do you expect when you're letting random people in your house with you not being there? At least have a secure safe to put your things in. That's just an open invitation to thiefs.

To be fair, when your house is getting construction work, you sometimes ave to leave it with only workers, at least for a while.

But yeah, seeing that Tibau apparently had risen from extreme poverty, one would think he will be more careful.

nothing like a parasite thief to ruin your day, he'll be alright though

Does anyone know what part of Florida he lives in?

that sucks.... but it is Florida we're talking about.

Back