Tiago Tavares vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov on Fox7

Osa

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What do you think about this fight? Who will win?

Good fight, I'll go for Khabib - I consider Tibau more reliable than Tavares and he managed to squeak by him. Main problem for Khabib will be the striking this time, Tavares is great on the ground but not as physically bullish as Gleison.

Nurmagodemov is two finishes away from a Brandon Vera level hype train.

I take Khabib in this one. I was impressed by his win over Gleison. Shalorus is no slouch either.

Khabib. Everyone likes undefeated fighters, especially with that many wins

Tavares by being more experienced against higher-level opponents (and having bushier eyebrows than anyone at lightweight by far).

It's on FX.

Khabib by superior wrestling.

I'll go with Khabib. Tibau is a huge lightweight and he was able to control him with his clinch work so I picture him doing the same in this fight.

Tavares by simpler name.

How you can spell Khabib Nurmagomedov's name right, but not Thiago's? Lol.

I hope Thiago forgive me for Tiago :)
I think this fight will be very hard for Khabib's, cause Thiago fast and good striker, has black belt BJJ. His very dangerous for Khabib's.
If Khabib do not win by tko, his loses by decision, cause fight will be in Brazil.

I hope Thiago forgive me for Tiago :)
I think this fight will be very hard for Khabib's, cause Thiago fast and good striker, has black belt BJJ. His very dangerous for Khabib's.
If Khabib do not win by tko, his loses by decision, cause fight will be in Brazil.

I'm sure he'll forgive you. Yeah, I agree Thiago is fast, accurate and technical. He'll probably win. I still haven't forgotten what Shane Roller did to him though. He was beating his ass, then I think he threw a power straight and KO'd Thiago. I don't know if Khabib knows how to throw straights if I remember from his last fight. But he throws heavy overhands for sure.

Tavares. Haven't been too impressed by Khabib's UFC run thus far.

Khabib has the ability to have improved a ton in his absence from the cage. That's where he is in his career. I'm calling a tko over Tavares.

Back