Movies THUNDERCATS Movie in the Works (Adam Wingard to Direct)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
THUNDERCATS Movie in the Works from Godzilla Vs. Kong Director Adam Wingard

3DGIFqO.jpg

As his new film Godzilla vs. Kong opens Wednesday in U.S. theaters and on HBO Max after turning up a Hollywood film pandemic record $123 million gross in 38 overseas markets over the weekend, director Adam Wingardis set to direct ThunderCats.

That is a big-scale feature based on an animated TV series that ran from 1985-89 by Rankin Bass, and several other iterations, comic books and merchandise.

The project had been developed by Rideback’s Dan Lin and Vertigo’s Roy Lee (they were producers on the Wingard-directed Death Note), with an early script by David Coggeshall. Wingard will rewrite a script with Simon Barrett, and will turn all this into a hybrid of CGI and animation.

The series focuses on a group of cat-like humanoid aliens who live on the dying planet Thundera. The ThunderCats are force to flee their homeland.

The film will use the animated series as a jumping-off point, but then Wingard will take it in a direction he has been thinking about for many years. Check out the director interview that follows right below this to fully understand just how deep that passion is.

It is noteworthy that this makes Wingard the first filmmaker to sign a deal with Warner Bros since its parent WarnerMedia surprised every director of a WB film by putting the 2021 slate on HBO Max along with its U.S. theatrical debut.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/godzil...ard-thundercats-movie-warner-bros-1234724041/

So they all gonna look like cheetah from wonder woman?

When will they stop leeching off the past and create something new?

They won't because all the new movies have nothing groundbreaking to say, so they transmogrify the old into something perverted and regrettable.

I was nineteen years old when the musical Cats came to our town... I couldn't wait to see it. After the show I was asked if I wanted to go meet some of the performers backstage. Man, I was thrilled. But when I got back there, they were drunk and out of control. Rumpus Cat and MacAvity kept feeling up my leg. I tried to leave, but Rumpleteazer held me down, and... I was raped by Mr. Mistoffelees.

I was nineteen years old when the musical Cats came to our town... I couldn't wait to see it. After the show I was asked if I wanted to go meet some of the performers backstage. Man, I was thrilled. But when I got back there, they were drunk and out of control. Rumpus Cat and MacAvity kept feeling up my leg. I tried to leave, but Rumpleteazer held me down, and... I was raped by Mr. Mistoffelees.
Now suck my cock Gary

Back