Thug vs Waterson??

Andrade deserves the next title shot especially with a win in her next fight. We're trying to discuss who gets a title shot after that.

Deserve? What's this word deserve? Jedrzejczyk is going to fight in the spring, no idea where this talk of taking a break has come from, has always said back at ATT end of January ready for a camp. The question is who does she fight.

The contenders can sort themselves out in the light of that fight. If Joanna loses then Gadelha, Kowalkiewicz and Esparza are back in the picture.

Nobody will accept a fight with Claudia. She's number two for a reason, and would beat any top 5 right now. Hence why nobody on this thread wants to entertain Gadehla vs Waterson or Thug.

Yeah, her losses, which is asinine.

Even so, she's still ranked above Moroz.
In a way, the UFC rankings make no sense to me. Calderwood got bumped up in the rankings for beating Letourneau in a fight outside the division; as much as I like Calderwood (and I bloody adore her), that should not have happened.

Deserve? What's this word deserve? Jedrzejczyk is going to fight in the spring, no idea where this talk of taking a break has come from, has always said back at ATT end of January ready for a camp. The question is who does she fight.

The contenders can sort themselves out in the light of that fight. If Joanna loses then Gadelha, Kowalkiewicz and Esparza are back in the picture.
Dana said more than once that she wants time off. She even said she wouldn't mind it in one of,the 205 videos.

And Andrade should be next in line since she has the most impressive streak.

Nobody will accept a fight with Claudia. She's number two for a reason, and would beat any top 5 right now. Hence why nobody on this thread wants to entertain Gadehla vs Waterson or Thug.
Gonna have to agree. I'm a Waterson fan, but Gadehla is a problem. She deserves her rank and she's a very dangerous fight for anyone who has to go through her. The best route to Jedrzejczyk is to go through Rose or Esparza, next, and I'm fine with either fight.

In a way, the UFC rankings make no sense to me. Calderwood got bumped up in the rankings for beating Letourneau in a fight outside the division; as much as I like Calderwood (and I bloody adore her), that should not have happened.
Well the rankings are made by journalists supposedly so if they put stock in Jojo beating a top 10 SW at FLW, that's that lol... kind of like if Miesha un-retired and beat Cyborg at 140, she'd probably become ranked #2 at BW or something XD

She beats KK, Esparza, Thug and possibly Andrade too.
Problem, though, is rankings are based on who they've beaten, not who they would beat. Otherwise, rankings would get really weird due to the idea "styles makes fights".

who thinks Gadelha/Kowalkiewicz would be a good fight to make? It'll knock one of them out of the top 5, which will open up space in the rankings.

It has the advantage of not removing from contention any new challenger for Jedrzejczyk, as neither Gadelha nor Kowalkiewicz should get another shot at Joanna soon. I don't like the idea of forcing any new contender to fight Gadelha.

Even so, she's still ranked above Moroz.

The rankings are decided by a "media panel" made up of idiots who don't know the sport.

She beats KK, Esparza, Thug and possibly Andrade too.

In your mind, maybe. She already ducked Esparza twice in Invicta.

Gonna have to agree. I'm a Waterson fan, but Gadehla is a problem. She deserves her rank and she's a very dangerous fight for anyone who has to go through her. The best route to Jedrzejczyk is to go through Rose or Esparza, next, and I'm fine with either fight.
Nailed it on the head with that.

It has the advantage of not removing from contention any new challenger for Jedrzejczyk, as neither Gadelha nor Kowalkiewicz should get another shot at Joanna soon. I don't like the idea of forcing any new contender to fight Gadelha.
They had that problem with Fitch as well; they didn't want him getting another shot at GSP, so they kept feeding him guys, hoping he'd lose to them, and he kept beating them. Granted, they were more mid-level guys, but the point still stands; if they hadn't fought Fitch, the UFC might have been able to build them as prospective title challengers. Except Alves, who had already lost to GSP.

Last edited:

True.
We're basically focusing on what happens if Joanna continues to win.

Based on what wins?

Problem, though, is rankings are based on who they've beaten, not who they would beat. Otherwise, rankings would get really weird due to the idea "styles makes fights".
Styles make fights not rankings, and the why are you upset with the order of the rankings in this division? It's pretty accurate.

Styles make fights not rankings, and the why are you upset with the order of the rankings in this division? It's pretty accurate.
I'm not. I'm just saying, "X would beat Y" doesn't really factor into how rankings work.

Seems like people are thinking Gadelha might be the Gustaffson of SW where she's assumed to be #2 without the wins to back it up, I just want to see her fight other top girls to prove if she is or not XD

Back