THROWING UP After Training

ive never thrown up after a training session, but i have during sometimes, but i always went back into training. It doesnt happen very often, its just one of those things.

Commissar said:
I don't. I push myself past my limit each night of training and I don't throw up.

Well then that's not past your limit then, is it?

I just dont eat that close to before I train. About 2 hrs beforehand is the last meal I allow myself. Anything afterwards and I come very close to puking.

rory_44 said:
it doesn't always have to do with overtraining. some people, when the work out really hard, have their blood pressure drop. Its more common than you might think, and the bodies natural response is to puke, which raises the vlood pressure

that being said, it can be avoided by staying hydrated.
I've puked trying to force too much water into my body in a short time, then going back to training, so you need to be smart about it.

good point. the key is to come to practice all ready hydrated. Try to keep hydrated while you are there and end the work out with more water.

Most the times I puke is if I have soy to close to my workout. I like to have an empty stomach just so you dry heave if anything.

Just dont try to drink too much water right before training. Ive only been training for a month and a half but i puked once during boxing. I was in bad cardio shape before i started(still not too good) and i feel asleep until about 30 min before class. So i chugged down a water bottle full of water because i wanted to be hydrated, went to calss and my instructor ran me pretty good during the warmup, burpees, hillclimbers, diff types of pushups/situps. The i went and threw up. It happens dont worry about it. If you feel it commin on sometimes its best to just go to the bathroom and puke it up. Give yourself 5 min and you should feel fine.

i wouldn't be able to count the times i've jogged barefoot from the mats to the bathroom to puke.

My first Naga, I puked right after my first match. For me, I think it was a combination of nerves and having alot of liquids prior to the match. I hadn't pushed myself no where near my limit and I puked anyway.

Geez guys, it's called lactic acid build up and combined with the overheating of the body. The body purges and throws up to help cool the body down. It's usually a combination of over working combined with too much water a little too late into training.

The most common occurance is when someone takes a long period of time off from training and comes back and tries to perform at the same level of intensity he did when he trained every day.

It has nothing to do with eating two hours before, nor about being just hydrated. You can be fully hydrated and still over work and have an extreme lactic acid build up and over heat your body and still throw up.

The key is to build up your lactic acid threshold.

You guys really need to get some books on health lol. Even pick up the team quest book or something that talks about lactic acid threshold building to help that situation.

reddevil said:
Geez guys, it's called lactic acid build up and combined with the overheating of the body. The body purges and throws up to help cool the body down. It's usually a combination of over working combined with too much water a little too late into training.

The most common occurance is when someone takes a long period of time off from training and comes back and tries to perform at the same level of intensity he did when he trained every day.

It has nothing to do with eating two hours before, nor about being just hydrated. You can be fully hydrated and still over work and have an extreme lactic acid build up and over heat your body and still throw up.

The key is to build up your lactic acid threshold.

You guys really need to get some books on health lol. Even pick up the team quest book or something that talks about lactic acid threshold building to help that situation.

Great info.

Thanks reddevil. I am not a puker so I've not really had occasion to research this one. Done a lot of vomiting in your day, have ya? ;)

Ive never puked after training, almost a few times, but never actually did. Chokes used to really gag me and almost make me puke, but they dont really anymore, well I dont really get choked too much anymore, so Im not really sure if they still do or not.

Johil

Yeah, I am a puker. All the way back to the first practices of hockey and football all the way up to bjj. I don't know how to not push myself beyond my limit when I first come back lol.

But as I got older I got wiser and found out what was causing the problem.

Another thing that can be done to help reduce vomiting is to drink your water thru a straw. Geting too much oxygen in your stomach while gulping water also helps in the puking process.

I have not, but it happends often in our gym (once a week)

reddevil said:
Yeah, I am a puker. All the way back to the first practices of hockey and football all the way up to bjj. I don't know how to not push myself beyond my limit when I first come back lol.

But as I got older I got wiser and found out what was causing the problem.

Another thing that can be done to help reduce vomiting is to drink your water thru a straw. Geting too much oxygen in your stomach while gulping water also helps in the puking process.

thanks for the info!

I've puked a number of times during training.

I attribute it to me not having any gas because I smoke too much pot.

But I still train till I puke.
Then I go train more.

my buddy was just holding pads for me once, and being the super lazy fuck he is, pukes after about 20 mins. He was also pounding water and smoking doobs before too.

Maybe you pukers (dis-fucking-gusting) should think about your cardiovascular shape? Obviously your bodies just can't take hard training. I live under the impression that big bulky guys have this problem more often than guys with less muscle and good cardio. I've never puked during or after training, but I have a background in endurance sports.

It usually happens to me after being away from training for a while, like a month or more, when I come back. It might happen 2-3 times after p[ractice or a hard spare, but then it goes away and doesn't happen anymore.

It sucks, but you feel better after you hurl. Then you get back on the mat...

Back