Throwing the opponent out of the cage?

jluc

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ok, this is probably going to be a naive question.

We've seen high level wrestlers, like Daniel Cormier, being able to lift opponents up high before taking them down. We've also seen guys being able to literally carry opponents on their shoulders across the octagon just to slam them to the mat in full effect (was it Matt Hughes?) .

So, could someone actually finish the fight by just throwing the other fighter outside of the cage? Is this even allowed?

Throwing an opponent out the cage is against the rules

Ok, this is probably going to be a naive question.

We've seen high level wrestlers, like Daniel Cormier, being able to lift opponents up high before taking them down. We've also seen guys being able to literally carry opponents on their shoulders across the octagon just to slam them to the mat in full effect (was it Matt Hughes?) .

So, could someone actually finish the fight by just throwing the other fighter outside of the cage? Is this even allowed?

I believe Tank Abbott came the closest to actually doing this and that they made the cage taller after that to prevent it.

This was the set - up:
images

200px-Worsham_nearly_thrown_from_cage.jpg

Its a foul so likely you can throw a guy out of the cage 1 or 2 times with a warning and then on the third time a point deduction.

I believe Tank Abbott came the closest to actually doing this and that they made the cage taller after that to prevent it.

This was the set - up:
images

man, that was close.

This was the set - up:
images

Yup. Saw this live too. This was when Tank actually trained, and he was wrecking people. Think he lost to Oleg in the finals. I forget.

This was the set - up:
images

This was my first thought as well

I'm pretty sure if you throw them out of the cage they have 20 seconds to find their way back in or else they are disqualified.

Much more manly than spitting.

:D

Yes, I'm referring to Bisping!

Its a foul so likely you can throw a guy out of the cage 1 or 2 times with a warning and then on the third time a point deduction.

What if you immediately jump out after him and threw him back into the cage and continue fighting? Does that cancel out the foul?

Back